TKR Reassurance needed

Update seen my GP and we have decided to taper of the med I was taking and take it from there.
My conclusion is that my anxiety had taken over as my knee is on track with no pain still doing PT
I think I let timescales get to me so at 3 months I was expected to be back to normal sleep so I just made myself more anxious.
I think you all mentioned in previous post that my anxiety might have got the better of me so effected my sleep.
 
So glad that your knee is recovering well and that you are pain free. I'm sorry that the anxiety is still lurking, but I completely understand how it happens. Here's hoping that as you continue to see improvements in the knee, your anxiety level will diminish enough and be able sleep better.

Remember: every recovery is unique.

Sending hugs :console2:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you have a great week, Lesley! :SUNsmile:
@William1950
 
Knee doing well still doing my exercises and seeing PT.
Sleep still an issue but I think it is now driven by my anxiety in general.
So seen my GP and it was agreed to taper of the Mirtazapine and for me to go on something else, he believes that to get my anxiety better then sleep will come. I think having a problem with anxiety in the past and the trauma of the operation and recovery just set me off again.
Due to see my consultant in July just for a general check up.
Thanks for asking.
 
Hi Lesley,
I hope in the wee hours of the morning when you're finding it difficult to sleep, you're able to focus on the great progress you're making as your body is healing, and your efforts toward recovery are paying off. Remind yourself that you're safe, you're healing and you will work through the sleep issues given more time.
Thanks for updating us. I hope you have a nice weekend! :) :-) (:
@William1950
 
was thinking about you @William1950 ... so glad to hear your knee is doing well! and you're taking concrete steps to deal with anxiety and sleep. it sounds like you have some good helpers there.
I think having a problem with anxiety in the past and the trauma of the operation and recovery just set me off again.
this really resonates with me and puts things in perspective. it never hurts to be gentle with ourselves
 
I'm glad that the knee is doing well. But I'm super happy for you that your GP is supportive. That's wonderful. Sleep and anxiety do seem to go hand in hand, sadly. I'm glad your addressing it and slowly moving forward.
 
I am on week 3 doing as much as I can but I am.not sure if I am on track. My knee is still swollen not sure when it will go down. It hard to elevate my leg as it hurts on the outside of my knee when raised. I ice as much as possible and exercise, I was not given much info on discharge from hospital. I am an anxious person so keep doing Dr Google.
You are right where I was two weeks ago, I will tell you that better days are just around the corner. Let your body tell you how much to do and don’t overdo it to pain. Things are gonna get better, the pain will become less severe and less often. Walk, walk, walk as much as you can. Best wishes.
 
sorry i somehow managed to post a duplicate message so I'll just edit and use this opportunity to say hi!
 
:hi: Lesley,
Dropping by to say Hi and see how you're doing? I hope the last couple weeks have been good for you.
Is your sleep improving? Hopefully so. :fingersx: Wishing you a great end to the week!
@William1950
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're having a good week. Enjoy the weekend! :)
@William1950
 
:hi: Lesley, Happy Five Month Anniversary!
Hopefully all is well and you continue to make steady progress.
Please leave an update next time you're on the forum, we'd love to hear how you're doing.
Hope to hear from you soon! :)
@William1950
 
Back
Top Bottom