Guest viewing is limited

TKR Randi's In Recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Randi,

So glad to hear that you are doing so well! Amazing!!!! And much deserved! Happy New Year!

bassplayer


Hi back and Happy New Year. I'm sorry you are finding your endurance coming back so slowly but at least the pain doesn't seem to be the issue. Please let us/me know how your other tests come out. Hopefully there's an easy fix for you. Meanwhile, don't get down on yourself...think about how far you've come. :friends:
 
Hi Randi,

Back after a few months absence, and catching up on the guys that helped me through my recovery and became great friends at the same time. I am so glad to hear that your knee has recovered so well, and I can happily say that mine is the same, going from strength to strength, but I was worried to hear about your fall, and really hope that this is behind you now, and that your shoulder is going to be fine without any extra drawn out surgery or recovery time.

Your dog still looks great and I bet he is glad that you are getting quality walks now. A very Happy New Year to you and look forward to hearing more about your and yours in the coming months. All the best for now, Aretha x
 
Hi Randi,

Back after a few months absence, and catching up on the guys that helped me through my recovery and became great friends at the same time. I am so glad to hear that your knee has recovered so well, and I can happily say that mine is the same, going from strength to strength, but I was worried to hear about your fall, and really hope that this is behind you now, and that your shoulder is going to be fine without any extra drawn out surgery or recovery time.

Your dog still looks great and I bet he is glad that you are getting quality walks now. A very Happy New Year to you and look forward to hearing more about your and yours in the coming months. All the best for now, Aretha x


Hi Aretha - Welcome back ! Yes, I'm really happy with my knee. Just tonight I realized I was curled up on the sofa with my knee under me the way I used to have it long ago -so nice. I am mostly recovered from my fall though still not able to walk my dog for long because my shoulder is not quite right. Back to the trauma surgeon this coming week to decide what's next but I don't think it's bad enough for surgery..I hope... You keep well !
 
Hi Randi, I thought I'd just say hi because my name is Randi too. I guess that and a total knee replacement is something we have in common. It's great to hear about how well your knee bends one year after TKR. I'm looking forward to that. I'm at ten weeks and am amazed at how much improvement I've seen so far. And I am ever so grateful for this website. It has kept me from freaking out more than once!
 
Hi there...I think there are a few of us on here ! Glad to hear that you're seeing improvement so early on. It just keeps getting better and better...
 
Had my one year (+) final check with my OS for new-knee early this week. All he wanted to know was - was it worth it ? I was able to assure him that it certainly was, that I am oh so grateful, and that being able to walk as long as I want and climb many many stairs without pain is positively delightful. He grinned...and reminded me that a replacement is not a substitute for the real thing and in about 20 years or so we may have to meet again - and then we hugged...A super nice ending to a long, sometimes difficult, but worthwhile year.:puppysmooze:

Is it perfect? - no. A few weird sensations from time to time, some stiffness once in a while from too much -or too little ?- exercise...some residual aching from the tendon behind my knee once in a while - but worth it ? No question !

So, for all of you not quite there, yet - hang in ! It does get better and it is worth it ! Be well, bonesmarties , and thank you for your support :thankyou: .. I'll be watching...:angel:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
Another satisfied customer!!!! Now, don't be a stranger. We want to hear from you now and then with updates about what's going on with you. Take care of yourself. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Randi's In Recovery!
 
Oh that is so wonderful. You did so good. Now the world and then come back and tell me all the stories. Please don't be a stranger and don't think you have to fall to come and post. :loll:I also need to see the picture of your dog. He is so beautuful. Give him a hug for me. Please take care but have a blast. Tashia
 
So...getting a little concerned. My tkr knee has started feeling a bit stiff and occasionally I'm feeling as though something is stuck right behind my knee. Sometimes I think I'm doing too much exercise , or maybe not enough...Hope this is such a little glitch . A little scary.
 
Randi, Where you doing anything new? Is it just doing one thing. When you message that are do you feel a lumb behind the knee. Stiff could mean overdoing it or its hurting. Remember it hasn't been over 2 years yet and I still find that my knee does strange things. However if its hurts or get real stiff a trip to the OS is a nice thing because it does help the mind. I think I would slow down a little and let it rest for a while. If the swelling in the back goes down then thats good. I just realized my right knee birthday is tomarrow. It will be three years old. It didn't start getting better until my left one done so it could not have to do everything. Its now getting out of the terriable two's. :dancy: :puppysmooze: Tashia :friends: :yes!: Good to hear from you. Don't be a stranger. Take carea
 
Sometimes I think I'm doing too much exercise , or maybe not enough...Hope this is such a little glitch . A little scary.
You really shouldn't need to be doing any exercising by now. This should be the point where you just forget about the knee and live life normally, like you never even had it done. So my guess therefore is that you are doing too much. Try doing nothing. I think your knee will like it better.

As for the aches and pains, those are a normal soft tissue issue from doing too much. Even people with no joint replacements can get that. Try taking 1,000mg Tylenol (paracetamol) 3-4 times a day for a bit and see if that helps.
 
Hi Josephine, you are so right, you usually are as we all know. My knee is now 2.5 years on and although there is still some stiffness around the 1 oclock area, its perfectly normal, doesn't stop me doing anything, and I almost never think about it, but it has taken a long time to regain most of the bend, etc. and I have more now than I had before the TKR. When I do do too much it lets me know that evening, and paracetamol certainly seems to work for me for a couple of days. We are still renovating our house, it seems to be taking forever, the kitchen is almost done, and it will be so satisfying to have one room completely finished.

Randi, I am glad you are over your fall, and that your shoulder will hopefully be sorted without the need for surgery and your dog obviously keeps you fit and well. Fingers crossed you are back to A1 health before too long.

Tashia, its lovely to hear you so positive now,did you ever get that dog you were hankering after. Is your home now finished, etc. Good to hear your knees are doing so well too.

Sorry I seem to get busy periods when I can't log on, but I am trying hard to flit in and out and keep in touch with the lovely friends and administrators who played such a large part in my own recovery. Take care everyone, Easter is nearly upon us, and to me it lightens my spirits and tells me that Spring is just around the corner. xxx
 
You really shouldn't need to be doing any exercising by now. This should be the point where you just forget about the knee and live life normally, like you never even had it done. So my guess therefore is that you are doing too much. Try doing nothing. I think your knee will like it better.

As for the aches and pains, those are a normal soft tissue issue from doing too much. Even people with no joint replacements can get that. Try taking 1,000mg Tylenol (paracetamol) 3-4 times a day for a bit and see if that helps.


I hope you're right, but - I've recently had a major bout of hip bursitis which brought on sciatica from my weird gait, etc ...So I stopped virtually any movement that I absolutely didn't have to do until this sorted out with some interventions that don't matter here, and did use the tylenol as you suggested. And now my knee is at times worse than ever, Just took the dog for a short walk and I felt like my knee was getting "stuck' from behind. It worked out somewhat as I walked. No pain, not even walking back up and down stairs. Weird.
 
Randi, Have you had that knee checked out? I get bursitis once in while and it smarts. That dog of yours is so beautiful. Do keep us posted on how you are doing. Please take care. Tashia
 
Randi, Have a HAPPY EASTER Weekend Please take care. Tashia
 
Hi Randi,

How are you? Hope you're enjoying the holiday. :)
I'm doing well- some silly physical stuff but that seems to have passed so really happy with my walking at the moment. Busy and all good .and you ?
 
Randi, Good to see that you are back in the world. And how is your precious dog? Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom