PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

I did 30 steps up and 30 steps down w my therapist on Friday
Was way too much, overkill!!!!
I am on third floor at home, but enough when will have no choice but to do it. My knee not ready for so much stress
 
Been to the salon this morning for a facial. Was lovely to do something normal. Walked there and back, 10-15 mins each way. Had a good catch-up with the girls and have a nice shiny face now!

On the way back an 80 year old man stopped me to asked what was wrong with me as I limped along. I told him and he told me that he's had both hips done. He said he was looking for a younger woman if I was interested!!!! So, even with my crutch, TED stockings, limp and shiny face I've obviously still got it!!!!! :rofsign:
 
@Raffs way to go girl! Play your cards right and you might have a sugar daddy there. :heehee:

How are you today?
 
@CATSMUM ha,ha, yeah!

I'm doing good thanks. Yesterday was a good day, walking a bit better, bend has definitely increased, knee felt ok until the evening when it was a bit hot and bothered but is fine so far today. Will drop by your thread shortly to see how you're doing.
 
@Raffs - hahaha! And what was your response to that gentleman? Glad to hear you're doing well. It's nice that you have a destination that's within a reasonable walking distance.. My closest destination would be a grocery store that is about 3/4 of a mile down a pretty significant hill. In fact, my whole neighborhood is quite hilly, so I won't be venturing out past my own driveway / property for a quite while. Bet it felt good to have that facial.. Good for you!! :wink:
 
@Braunzie it's quite hilly here too. I love in a northern suburb of London and I can't walk anywhere without having to tackle a hill. My knee hates going downhill so it is quite frustrating as I know I would be able to walk better if it was flat and not hilly. Yes, was lovely to have a facial. I told the gentleman that I would think about it, lol!!
 
After a couple of good days, knee is quite stiff again today. Walking wasn't as good earlier and it is more swollen again. Going to baby it today and do lots of icing and elevating. Two steps forward.....a small step back! I did walk further yesterday which may have upset it. On a positive note, I can bend it right underneath the seat of the chair when doing heel slides, so much so that my foot flips over! And it doesn't hurt at all doing this!
 
Wow, you're doing well with the heel slides. Think you're a member of the ODIC club again :heehee:. That's how this recovery goes, some days better than others, but you're getting there which is the main thing. Overall in, you must be pleased with how things are going. x
 
Yay, @Raffs. You are rocking it. I agree with @PolarBear60 that the toilet frame and the low sofa are truly amazing. I was just thinking yesterday that I may never regain those abilities, but who knows, maybe one day. Thanks for the uplifting (from the low sofa of TKR recovery!! :-)) progress report! Very encouraging.
 
ps: Hey, a little stiffness just means a bit of swelling. VERY temporary. A day or 2 of TLC and icing will get you back to your limber self. Amazing about bending your foot under the chair. How cool.
 
@CATSMUM yep, think you're right re the ODIC. Oh well, haven't been a member for a while... Yes, I am pleased but still wish it would be quicker! Hate walking with a limp, going to speak to my PT on Monday about it. Met a woman today who told me her mother is having her second TKR next month at the age of 87!! People keep talking to me in the street this week!

@jbrooklyn I need to use my arms to get off the sofa but I did that before surgery. And I grab hold of the bath when getting off the toilet! But, again, I did that before surgery. Perhaps I'll be able to do it without arms one day. Will try to post a photo later of the bend. I thought I would get stuck but it was ok!!
 
@Raffs, it's that fetching new hair style, and your overall charm and charisma. Who wouldn't stop you in the street? The limp will go away! In fact, I think you're our best hope for the 2020 Olympics . . . we're going to start grooming you for, well, ALL the solo events. (Do they have Olympic heel slides? They should!)
 
@jbrooklyn Olympic heel slides - yeah - I'm going to start a campaign now!! Tokyo here I come :rotfl:. Can you imagine??

@KarriB thanks, that's made my day!!

I'm hoping to be recovered enough to attend a conference in about 5 weeks time. It will be my relaunch into work life again - I've been working at home since February due to knee issues so haven't seen most of my colleagues for months. I'm busy shopping online today buying new outfits so that me and my knee make a good impression ! Gotta try to look fab-u-lous, darling..... (hoping our American friends know who Craig Revel Horwood is.....?):heehee:
 
Now I have to google Craig Revel Horwood. Pretty amazing that you can do heel slides that well with a bit of swelling. I hate heel slides.

Now that I am back at work I am so glad I ordered some new clothes. Really gives you a lift.
 
The bend!!

[Bonesmart.org] Raffs' Recovery Thread<'
 
It's funny, when you're recovering from TKR you are very focused on ROM. I found myself watching shows/movies and noticing "what great ROM" the characters/actors had. :loll:
 
@kneeper. I don't walk so well yet, still got a noticeable limp so I watch TV and see people walking normally and think "how do they do that"?! And when I see people running or playing sports or dancing I can't imagine how they can even think of doing those things!!
 
Back
Top Bottom