Guest viewing is limited

Ankle Questions about ankle fusion

Hi, l've been prescribed Pregabalin aka Lyrica aka Dr Reddys! Which sounds very suss.
This is on top of a maximum of 8 paracetamol and 8 x 30mg codeine.
I'm obviously nervous adding more meds, but it really is only to manage pain until I get my op, or maybe ops.
My ankle, knee and hip are suffering.
I have to wait until l'm top of the UK, NHS list and even then I'm not sure if they will do all three surgeries or how they will prioritize.
Obviously this is all very stressful and I'm more than obsessed about the situation.
Haven't taken the new med yet. It is prescribed as 2x 25mg, which I'm assured is a low dose.

Any thoughts, advice?
 
Hi Supersonic,
You don't have to take any meds you're uncomfortable taking, that is your choice. Hopefully you're able to find the relief you're seeking until a decision is made on the direction you're going with your ankle, knee and hip. I wish comfort and relief.

Please notice that your post above was moved from the thread of a member, that's now post op. Having the responses you receive on pain relief here, on your own thread, will make it easier for you to reflect back on at a later date. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting.
@Supersonic
 
Hi Layla,
I thought it sounded gimmicky, it sat in my meds cabinet for nearly 3 weeks but the pain got so bad I took one.
Had the best nights sleep as it dampened down nerve pain.
Now I take one in the morning when not at work so I have enough meds for my night shift and the next morning.
Felt so good, I overdid things which I was warned about.
I got some home things finished that I've Bern putting off, now to relax and enough the summer.
 
Lyrica is one of two meds that have very good track records for treatment of nerve pain and chronic pain. It's been well tested, in use for many years, and there's nothing "gimmicky" about it.
I'm glad it's already helping you.
Um, yeah, not overdoing things .... kind of important!
 
Back
Top Bottom