TKR Putting my best foot forward

So sorry you're having such a rough time. Please do rest as much as possible and take care of yourself.
 
This is really unfair. You are doing everything right. I hope the solution is found soon. Let us know what they find out.
 
Can anyone tell me, at 15.5 weeks post surgery, is it normal for the knee to get very stiff? In the last few weeks I have felt it getting worse. The clicking more pronounced as well. Could it be as a result of the overall swelling dissipating so it's not pillowy like used to be?
 
Yes. Mine would get stiff very easily at that time.
 
My knee got stiff after working half days through weeks 12-18 and even when I went back to full time week 19. I would come home from teaching in the am to nap and ice. It also made clicking sounds, especially when I started doing something I hadn't done before. Seven months after the TKR I went back to swimming and the new knee clicked when I kicked. My natural knee also made noise, but it hurt and the TKR didn't.
 
Sorry to hear about the horrid UTi and other issues. My knee is still quite tight, wouldn't describe it as stiff, more the tight band feeling pulling over the front of it. It is also sore at the bottom from a bit of swelling, is warm quite often and I can feel it clicking and clunking around. I saw my OS a month ago and he said all is ok and will continue to improve. He said to expect 6-9 months before it is fully recovered.
 
I had my left knee replacement in June/2015 due to Diagnosis of AVN. Lately the pain in that leg is getting unbearable. My right me hurts but not as much as the operated leg. Knee aspiration yielded no culture growth. The surgeon says my right knee has to be replaced (actually we know they make us decide as it is elective surgery). He said I am probably favoring that knee, putting stress on the surgery knee. Does that make sense. If I am in so much pain, I cannot bring myself to operate my other knee on the off chance that that isn’t even the reason.
 
What a shame you are in so much pain. In my opinion, your tkr should be able to handle the stress of a bad non-tkr knee. I don't really understand your OS's logic. If I were you, I'd seek a second opinion.
 
I agree, you need a second opinion for your TKR, from a surgeon specializing in Revisions, they have the education and background to determine what is happening with troubled knees. Look for a surgeon specializing in complex joint reconstruction or revisions. They should have no relationship with your present OS, not even golf buddies.
 
No it doesn't make much sense. My guess is that one or other of your implants is loose. Most likely the tibial one.
 
@Josephine The x-rays of my replaced knee shows that everything is in place. Would problem show up on X-ray or need ct scan
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom