THR Procedure update 4/12/2017

Lucky duck... Still can't do it...
 
Alrighty!!!
That's encouraging...!!!!!
 
So I'm 12 weeks out, and still not ready to return to work. Although I am not in any real pain, I still have a lot of stiffness after getting up from sitting any period of time or standing for a while in one place. But once I get going walking, I get around pretty good with my cane. I opted out of outpatient PT. I did do the 4 weeks at home PT and just continued those exercises along with walking.

I was doing pretty well with correcting my gait, but one morning I woke up and it was totally off again. I thought It might be because I started sleeping on my side. I started sleeping on my back again (bummer) and it seems to be getting a little better.

I know everyone's recovery is different, but at 12 weeks I though going back to a non- physically demanding job would be doable. Now I feel like I did at about 6 weeks out, without the swelling though. Thank God that finally subsided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
L
 
It's energy drain . You can't fight it - just sleep when your body wants to. It will ease but for now just roll with it.
About 10 weeks out, I was sleeping normally again. Jacey is right! For anyone facing sleep issues, eventually it will turn around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
 
It's been a while, so thought I would check in at 8 months out...Yay!

I am just feeling my legs being more even. The whole leg length discrepancy thing I almost gave up hope on, as my understanding was that it would resolve way before now. I read somewhere that someone said it took 10 months before their legs felt even. That's when I decided to remain hopeful. Though my hip feels fine, my calves are another story.

I have good days and not-so-good days all related to my calves and stiffness in my legs. I did a long walk about a month-and-a-half ago. I felt and heard something pop in the calf of my operated leg. I'm pretty sure it was just a pull, as wearing my compression socks for a couple days, there was no more pain. I'm careful though, continuing to wear the socks daily and some nights. I had previously pulled a muscle in my non- operated on leg about 2 months prior going up some stairs. Both of my calves feel very fragile, as the slightest wrong turn or twisting, I will pull the muscle.

I was wondering if anyone else has felt anything similar. I also still have that awful stiffness when I get up after sitting a while. and have to wait a few seconds to get going. I thought that would be gone by now.

Other than that my hip feels great and no regrets. Any thoughts are appreciated :)


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
 
I still get occasional stiffness but my right hip is waiting for surgery. I have a tendency to not stretch out as I should and then when I walk 1-2 miles my muscles get pretty tight.
 
Hi @xthoney
It sounds like you're doing well with the exception of your calves and the stiffness you're experiencing.
Wondering about the pop you heard also. While I have no answers and have not experienced this myself, possibly we should have @Josephine weigh in. She may have a recommendation for you and her advice will benefit any others experiencing the same.
Please check back in case she has questions.
A great week to you and a VERY :merry christmas:
 
Last edited:
Hi @xthoney
It sounds like you're doing well with the exception of the your calves and the stiffness you're experiencing.
Wondering about the pop you heard also. While I have no answers and have not experienced this myself, possibly we should have @Josephine weigh in. She may have a recommendation for you and her advice will benefit any others experiencing the same.
Please check back in case she has questions.
A great week to you and a VERY :merry christmas:
Thank you so much. You have a glorious Christmas as well :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
 
I still get occasional stiffness but my right hip is waiting for surgery. I have a tendency to not stretch out as I should and then when I walk 1-2 miles my muscles get pretty tight.
Thank you :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom