BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[HIP INFECTION] problem

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by clodaghcov, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Izabel

Izabel senior

Portugal Portugal
    So pleased to hear this positive news. Let's hope it continues.

Like you I did a bit of pottering with some potted plants in the week from my wheelchair. I want to get some seeds going in the next week or two ... I can do them almost any time of year here. Just got an Avocado stone to root and shoot out a stem with leaves! Have a perfect giant pot to plant it in.
    Take care, enjoy your garden and hope the summer is kind to you. xx :flwrysmile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    :wave:@clodaghcov
    I'm so happy to hear you are mostly feeling good and are getting stronger.
    It IS fantastic you have not had to be hospitalized and are able to soak up some of the beauty this world has to offer.:flwrysmile:
    And I'm certain that finally driving about comfortably has to give you a great sense of freedom.:driver:
    Continued prayers for continued health and happiness, my friend!:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Hi @clodaghcov
    How are you doing? I would really love to read what you're up to lately.
    It's been too long since we've heard from you. I hope you've managed to stay cool in the heat we've heard you're dealing with. Please leave an update when you have time.
    Hugs

4. clodaghcov

clodaghcov senior

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ Everyone Its been a few months since i touched base about myself,although i pop in and out to see how everyone is doing! It has been so fantastic to be at home this summer doing all the normal things which were not possible last year. I have gardened around 40 pots on the patio, a continual bloom from April time,it is my haven out there,when we moved here 38 years ago we had a pool which of course the children then adored but 10 years ago when doing extentions I claimed it back it is our 7 dogs and my paradise, ,a gate opens straight out onto our field, wild flowers are in abundance and the poppies have just been magical, everything is littlr paths a surprise round each corner, colour and more colour is what i aim for. It has all been possible on crutches,i rarely use my buggy, i must keep strong. We have had a wonderful week in Ireland our elsest and family live in Oysterhaven, 5 minutes from the beach, dogs and children swimming every day. We were asked if we could help with a puppy who had been returned to a breeder friend at 15months after biting a delivery man! our family welcomed her and put her into her place and althoughwill take lots of work,littlr Lola has become number 7 in the family,our dogs semmed to recognize she needed mothering and have loved and bonded with her beautifully. In 6 weeks we go to Crete for 3 weeks we are making up for last years disasters,Ella is coming from Portugal to house and dog sit again, so we are very lucky. My hip is never far from my mind, do i dont i,and i still dont know the answer,my life is good, of course could be better,but am i asking too much,do i risk it again, decisions do not hve to be made now but somehow i need my mind to be clear, dare i risk it again. Lots of love and hugs to you all,Layla,Mojo, Izabel and of course Fractured.xxxxxxxxxx

• Like Like x 1
  5. Layla

So good to hear from you @clodaghcov
    The gardens you have created sound lovely. I sense your dedication and can imagine the pleasure it brings as you gaze upon the fruits of your labor. It's wonderful to hear you're doing so well. I'm sure you enjoyed your trip to Ireland creating new memories with loved ones. How exciting to be soon departing for Crete...you're not allowing any grass to grow under your feet, that's for sure!

I understand your hesitation in regard to next steps. You've had such a difficult time of it, my heart goes out to you in struggling to make a commitment either way. Prayers for continued good health and clear direction before making a decision. We're always here for you! Thanks so much for leaving us an update.
    Big hugs :friends: :loveshwr:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Izabel

Izabel senior

Portugal Portugal
    Ola.gif my Special Friend!

I think of you often and can imagine you in your beautiful grounds enjoying the flowers with the dogs. And welcome Lola to the pack of lucky ones to have such a wonderful home and Mummy to look after and pamper them. :puppysmooze:

I admire you for your tenacity to get out and about as you do ... another lovely week in Ireland and soon off to Crete. I sure couldn't cope with all that traveling. Enjoy!

I appreciate your hesitation of thoughts regarding your hip as long as you keep infection free ... it is something that is never far from my mind. At five months yesterday I am finally walking short bursts with one crutch but still feel safer on my walker as my balance improves (I am practising Tai Chi for that).

Take good care of yourself, enjoy your peaceful surroundings and please come back and keep us informed of your comings and goings.

Abracos e beijos ...

Heart of Flowers.jpeg Izzy xx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

:wave:Oh, so wonderful to see your post as I think of you often. :loveshwr:

I know that you are brave enough to undergo another procedure, but with all of the misfortune and scary times you have had...certainly understand your decisions.
    I'm so happy you had a wonderful trip and please don't be a stranger.:) :-) (:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. clodaghcov

clodaghcov senior

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ Everyone,thank you for listening and reading ,not a day goes by that i dont think of you all and the challenges we are all facing. The sun shone brightly today and i took my 91 year old step mum and her sister 87 out to the garden centre for lunch,it is amazing how much lunch they can eat,its so lovely to see them enjoying themselves,there is definately an autumny feeling in the air,every day i must dead head the plants to keep the colour going,leaves are changing colour such extremes this year heat,so much rain and wind. I feel exhausted trying to keep up with the oldies, they are much fitter than me!! Sweet dreamsxxxx

• Like Like x 4
  9. Layla

Hello and Happy Friday! :wave:
    Autumnal feeling in the air...my fave!
    How lovely of you to take your 91 yr old step mom and her 87 yr old sister to the garden center for lunch.
    I imagine it would be equally fulfilling and draining. You did it though and a good time was had by all. :yes!:
    It's always nice hearing from you @clodaghcov Thanks for updating and enjoy the weekend!

• Friendly Friendly x 1