Hip Infection* problem

Aww, Izabel, you're so very caring and thoughtful.
You'll be next, your day will come and we'll all be elated for you also.
@Izabel

I hope you're having a good week, clodaghcov, relishing the good news.
Long time coming but things are looking up for 2019!
@clodaghcov

@Izabel Dear one you are on the way, dont get disheartened this is a journey we need to get through, remember I am only half way yet, we will all get strong and mended and enjoy the flowers and even a little run. Big hugsxxx

@clodaghcov I am jealous of you because you CAN walk (and even drive). Although I am not in pain, my leg does not want to function, ie, I cannot move my leg sideways neither can I lift it from the bed! Yet, I have no problem peddling, now doing 5 minutes daily backwards and forwards with ease. I just cannot manage hopping with the walker as my arms feel unsteady.

As I can't get in the garden, I planted some Scarborough Lily bulbs up the other day and can monitor them. I have loads of seeds I have bought, a lot exotic, but will not sow them until I can really look after them as hubby is NOT into gardening ,,, only admiring what I do. :umm:

We had friends over yesterday who brought lunch, and yet again would not let us pay for the fourth time (and they have a 30-40 minute drive) so hubby lit the wood fire (in addition to having the combo air/heat unit on. I let them chose an afghan each, she chose a sea green/cream one and he the black/grey one I just finished.

You take care and keep warm. :puppysmooze: for you :kittykiss: from me xx

Last edited:
@clodaghcov So happy to hear your bloodwork was great! Although it's been a long journey, you've handled everything with grace and positivity! Very happy for you! Keeping you in my prayers! Hope your Mike recovers soon!

:wave:Hope today is a good day my hippy pal.
Looking for more good news to come :friends:

I am happy!, my 1 month bloods are great CRP 4, everyone is very pleased for me, I feel really well, the Prof and i have talked of my future and we will meet up early April, but noreplacement until at least 6 months no antibs or infection, maybe evenlonger everything depends on how i feel and how i cope. There is a 20% chance the infection will come back at some time, but a 70% chance of it not coming back!!-----lots to think about. We are off to Kinsale in Southern Ireland on Wednesday to stay with our eldest son and family which we are really looking forward to, then a week at home and off to the Maldives for 2 weeks for the sun and sea, going to be intersting , armbands attached to my crutches to stop them sinking!! and we are going to live and live some more! There will be challenges and lots of hurdles to cross but we are both very relaxed about it.@Izabel your time is passing quickly and each day you are nearly there and the sun in Portugal will help so much. Hugs and lovexxxxxxxxxx @ Mojo thankyou for keeping an eye on mexxxxxxxx

What wonderful news! Add us to the list of those pleased with your progress, happy with your report and feeling hopefully optimistic right along with you. The odds are in your favor, dear clodaghcov! It sounds like you'll be busy traveling and enjoying life. Southern Ireland, then the Maldives. Enjoy your time with loved ones, stay safe and keep in touch. You have many friends here rooting for you! :yay: :happydance:
@clodaghcov

Hi @clodaghcov
Not sure whether you're still on vacation in Ireland or Maldives.
Let us know all about it when you return. Would love to hear how you're doing these days.
Sending a hug and best wishes for a great rest of the week. :flwrysmile:

:wave:Sure am ready for sweet sun and summer. Spring is springing early for us in the South...and I thought of you and your fabulous trip.:)
Hope you are feeling well and gaining strength.
Hope today is a sunny day wherever you are.:SUNsmile:

@Layla Mojo Hello, we are home after weeks of excitement and activity! Ireland was gorgeous, just being with family and seeing their gorgeous old farmhouse which we had not been able to visit since they moved in a year ago was fantastic--what a beautiful name Oysterhaven in Southern Ireland where life feels much slower, 5 minute bike ride to the beach, ten minutes to school makes for such a rounded helthiernlifestyle. Plane steps were no problem, only 4 of them! just little diddy planes we all managed meal out and so much fun with the two girls pure bliss. One week home and off we go to the Maldives, we had not been back since we went to celebrate getting over my first infection 6 years ago, so off we go fully prepared for any problems but very confident! Emirites is a wonderful airline, masses of leg room and no difficulty with9 hours to Dubai and then 5 to Male, we booked wheelchair help all the way through and it was brilliant with no problems, I would not have been able to travel without this i would have been walking on my crutches for ever at Dubai, it is enormous but the help was so gracious and kind. At Male we are then onto seaplane, tiny but fine, iit was very rough so for the last 20minutes we had to transfer to speed boat too rough, this was challenging but i just did it slowly, think, onto a raft over open water and leaping and my hipless hip was amazing! no probs. We do like challenges, but it was wonderful, they are the kindest most gracious people, always someone to help. They provided us with 3 wheeler bikes with push handles and gorgeous boys to take us wherever and whenever we wanted, i swam many times a day, slept so much and ate too much, it was a magical holiday to celebrate 50 years of marriage. We are planning our next trip there, but we may need to squeeze Crete in too.

I have to honestly say, although of course I do not want to be disabled, I have managed extraordinarily well and although I did spend much time thinking of my hip, Ihas not phased me at all and if this is to be my life lets roll on and get on with the future, I certainly do not want surgery quickly. CRP on return 6 so all is good my prednisilone is down to 7 from 20 and i shal
now drop 1 mg every 3 weeks for my PMR. Life is good, a spacer is not an ending but a beginning for some of us, we do not have to worry about infection for a time and that is a huge relief.

Be happy everyone, keep well, fight your challenges but most of all stay positive, whats to be will be. Hugsxxx

:wave: @clodaghcov, I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful holiday ... no, two holidays.

The location in Ireland sounds wonderful. Personally I would not have enjoyed the journey and many transfers to The Maldives. Actually, we have not flown in over 20 years now, by choice, and have holidayed in Portugal for ten years. There is so much beauty to see here. I would not have minded the boat ride, however, as we have owned two speedboats in the past.

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary ... it is our 51st in April ... my, do people actually live with another for so many years? ... but we have had cats that many years too!! :kittykiss: We gave each other a black cat, brothers, for our wedding ... we couldn't afford anything else! :catbutterfly:
You continue to be an inspiration to me. Beijos xx :loveshwr:

Hi @clodaghcov
It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation. I'm happy to hear it. You earned and deserved it.
I'll bet Ireland is gorgeous. At least it appears so in photos I've seen.

Happy 50th wedding anniversary! That's quite an accomplishment these days. You're kind of like a Wonder Woman in many ways. Truly inspirational, I'm in awe of you at times, dear clodaghcov. You definitely are an example of staying positive while dealing with adversity. Thanks for stopping by, it was a uplifting post to read.
Sending love and big hugs your way. :loveshwr: :friends:

:happydance::happydance:So so glad you had a good trip.
You ARE an inspiration and it reminds me that we can't wait for everything to be perfect before we can live in the day, in the moment and not miss the good things all around us.:SUNsmile:
Your husband is a lucky man to have an amazing and brave partner in life.:friends:

Onward and upward @clodaghcov :yes!:

Hi :hi:
Hope your days are feeling sunny and bright, sweet one.
Your continued support of others while reaching out from the shadows is touching.
I hope you're doing well and enjoying life.
Please update on occasion. We care about you and wish you only the best.
Sending love and a warm hug :loveshwr: :friends:
@clodaghcov

Happy Easter @clodaghcov :flwrysmile:
Hope all is going well with you.
Counting my blessings today so you are on the list:yes:

@ Everyone Well I have passed the 5 months of no antibiotics, I do think about it and just try and keep positive. My CRP is 5 so far so good,I had my appointment with the Prof for a chat and to view my spacer pictures, they were very interesting! he has actually attached my spacer to my artificial knee! there looked a long piece of white, apparantly new bone growing--not sure if it was in the right place, but shows i am healthy! We both feel I am so well and need to stay so, it would be wrong decision to open me up yet, again we both know the longer I wait the better. We shall meet up every 3 months with thoughts of going ahead round about March, I on with, andmight have to delay i am not sure we can get the summer bedding done by then! My GP is doing all my necessary bloods each month and then forwards them to him. I saw my rheumatologist this week my steroids are down to 5 and it will go very slowly reducing now 6 weeks at five then four/five for six weeks and so on, hopefully by Christmas i shall be off them, I have been very lucky with not many symptoms, I occasionally have flares but count my blessings.

Anyway fun things now, wonderful plants to get in thegarden, works well doing my tubs from a garden chair, lots of lovely lunches, it is just so fantastic not to be in hospital this summer and just be able to live. Hugs and love to you all and just to add, I am so comfortable driving it really is amazingxxxxxx

@clodaghcov So great to read your lovely update! Enjoy the sun when you have it and all that gardening. Good that your surgeon is taking the careful approach. Please keep us updated!

Thanks for the update. It's very encouraging to hear how well you're doing. The gracious way you're handling it all is very inspirational. May only good come your way as you move forward.
Hugs
@clodaghcov

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks