Guest viewing is limited

THR Post op two weeks, LTHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark, what a wonderful post-op report. I am so happy for you that things seem to be progressing rapidly for you. Just take care not to over do it.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

Tammy
 
Hey, Mark.....wonderful report on your hip. So many times it does happen that fixing one bad boy results in less stress (and no pain any longer) from the other joint. I hope to continue hearing these great reports from you.
 
Mark, how have you been doing? Inquiring minds want to know.
 
Hi all,

Two year anniversary this weekend of my LTHR. To anyone reading this and contemplating THR after looking at ugly hip x-rays or talking to a doctor who says 'you need your hip replaced', I say 'do it.' If I had not done my hips, I would be hobbling around now in pain all the time. I am now never in pain, more flexible than even 20 years ago, and feel great.

Mark
 
[Bonesmart.org] Post op two weeks, LTHR
Great report, @MarkK! Happy 2nd Anniversary!
 
:) Enjoyed reading your recovery thread! I am on day 8 after surgery for left anterior hip replacement. I never used the walker, in the house just using a single crutch. Yesterday afternoon I walked unaided around the house and even up and down the stairs. I do ice and elevate a lot at this time. I have just a little swelling just on top of the incision... not bad. No bruising. I do wear compression knee highs during the day, and perhaps this helps in stopping more swelling on that left leg? I am still on pain meds every four hours and will see how it goes through this week before cutting back. My PT starts on October 20th.. three weeks after surgery as per Dr's orders. I see some people start PT earlier. I am signed up for a month of PT three times a week.

Best to you and on your recovery! Joan:SUNsmile:
 
Joan,

Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work, this will all be behind you soon enough. I am 3 months out from my RTHR, I play golf tomorrow.

Mark
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom