TKR Post-op success is mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So reassuring to read how well you have all done after your ops and i am definitely going to any taking given
Just hope I will be writing similar reports after mine which will help those who are still got theirs to come.

One thing is certain, so far all the things that i had been worried about , all the lovely people on this website who have sent me supportive messages have helped and made me feel far less nervous. So glad I came across this forum accidently, was meant to be .

Janet you are amazing just shows that determination and the right attitude can help you cope with anything :cheers: xxxxxx
Linda
 
Just came by to say HI and how much I enjoy your comments. that special tought tell me you are special.:puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
You, Tashia, are a very special person. too. Don't you ever forget it.
 
Can only re-iterate what the others have said about you, Judy, you [Bonesmart.org] Post-op success is mine!

Kathy
xx
 
I finally read your knee/s story and wow! You have had such a remarkable recovery because you were so well prepared for the undertaking. Kudos to you...!:yay:
 
Thanks, ladies, appreciate the pats on the back. Life is good---and soon to get better--hubby, who's a semi-invalid, is going to get both knees replaced sometime in the next few months. Am very hopeful that it will enable him to become much more mobile---has balance problems and may always have to use a walker--- but if he can just walk reasonable distances and stand in the kitchen (he loves to cook and I love for him to)and be able to get in and out of the bathroom by himself---we'll be in heaven.
 
Good luck to your Hubby!! I too hope this helps him be more mobile. I am so incredibly thankful that I have an extremely healthy hubby. I don't know what I would do if he had to have some kind of surgery. The one time he had a gastritis attack that I thought was a heartattack was enough for me. Some good caretaker I would be, having to take anti anxiety meds just to take care of him. Thank God for him though, he is a great caretaker of me:) And I am sure with your experiences you will be great one for your hubby. Hugs!
 
Judy -Just remember to remember to take care of yourself when hubby needs you because you can only help him if you take care of you ..and you're worth it !
 
Thanks, Randi. Fortunately, it's just the two of us and two cats. The cats are really no trouble---and hubby does what he can---we have a routine worked out---and I can always goof off if I need to. He has knocked knees---but he also has terrible hyperextension, -17 degrees---so they bow backwards and out to the sides. A stance that does nothing for upright stability. We are expecting recovery to be fairly difficult for the first 2 to 3 months, but he's a game one and will do what he has to.

I am so hoping that this is going to work for him. It's really depressing to see someone who wants to do things be stuck in his recliner and power chair--and it depresses him, too.

Again, thanks for the good word---I can always use one.
 
Judy,
I've just read your thread. It's so interesting to read about your remarkable recovery. I hope things go well for your husband too. Hyperextension was a big issue for me too. Not sure what it was on knee 1, but knee 2 was at +13. I suspect the other was worse. An interesting issue in recovery has been learning what a really straight knee feels like, which is quite different from what I'm used to!
Thanks fir all your encouraging words.
Jebsw (aka Judy)
 
Judy, Tell your Husband everything will be ok. I have had big feet issue and was told it was hopeless. The Specilist was so wrong. I believe if the person really wants to walk they will. Every person has more will and strenght that they know. He has a support system so he is set. I will also be thinking of him. :puppysmooze: Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Thanks, Tashia. I will pass the message along to him. He will appreciate your concern. Please continue to take care of yourself as you continue to heal. I am so sorry about your friend---life is so hard at times, but God is with us and will console us.
[Bonesmart.org] Post-op success is mine!
 
Judy that is so true! God is always with us!!!! What would we do without Him? :sorry: I can't imagine. He has been there through the good times and the bad and loves me no matter what! :happydance:
 
Judy, your husband is lucky that he will have help from someone in the know. Hope all goes well, and the kitties play their role as therapy specialists (LOVE cuddling with mine, especially when I don't feel well).
 
Thanks for all the kind words. Hubby is starting to get a bit anxious now. He just wants to get this show on the road and be on the way to recovery. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? And actually, his extension problem is negative or hyper extension---his knees bow backwards. I meant -17 degrees.
 
That's too funny. I'd been saying mine was -13 all along, but when I saw you put a + sign in front, I just figured I'd been wrong.:shrug: You are our wise leader, after all. :heehee: Regardless, my thoughts are with both you and your husband.
 
He actually has a pre op thread--ALL ABOARD! to TKR Land x 2-- (user name is Casey Jones)--and he'll definitely have a post op thread. However, he is not computer saavy--so I will be the one posting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom