Guest viewing is limited

TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Right)

Oh, that is too bad. It must be so hard to be all psyched up and have to wait another week but better safe than sorry. I am sure you will find good ways to fill your time.
 
Really! I need to not let the cats puncture me this week, too! I think I have enough bubble wrap around here to wrap myself in. Now where did I put it!


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
More hurry up and wait! So sorry - but you are right, better to be safe going in. Now a bit of :bored:.
 
I'll add my commiserations, but I think it was probably wise to delay. Better luck next week!
 
@PolarBear60 I know it must have been upsetting but it's for the best now you must go on lock down no gardening or anything that could hurt you padded cloths for you big hugs

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Yes. I give my surgeon an A+ for "adulting" today. He made the right call. He said he thought about it last night and decided if he went ahead with the surgery and I got an infection, he couldn't live with himself. He said not only was this new knee at risk, but my left knee as well. He said I was too important to him to risk that for me.

I got dressed, the OR nurse said I was first up next Tuesday, and we went to breakfast and ran all the errands my husband had planned for the morning. We drove home. I rested a bit, then I drove out to the vet to pick up the girls. I'll take them back out next week. Hopefully, I'll get some sleep next Monday night.

House internet is down, so I'll update my signature with the new date after it comes back up and I can access the website.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Got the new knee. Settled in my room. Time to rest.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Congratulations! We are here for you!
 
Finally! Recovery could not be as big of an ordeal as scheduling your surgery has been! Rest well, friend.
 
For the first time ever, they did control the nausea. Yay.

Got the Norco started. Every four hours as needed. Morphine is every two hours as needed. The pain killer ball started at 6. In the recovery room, I had them up it to 8. It's working.

PT came in. Different one from last year so far, so good with him.

The hospitalist introduced himself. He may be a problem. He started right off the bat with telling me the success of my recovery depended upon getting moving early and keeping everything moving often. We'll see how this goes.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Wishing you the best post-op recovery ever Jean. The hospitalist has no idea who he's dealing with-!! I'm sure you'll be teaching him a thing or two! I'll add you to my prayers also for a speedy and strong recovery~!
 
The hospitalist introduced himself. He may be a problem. He started right off the bat with telling me the success of my recovery depended upon getting moving early and keeping everything moving often. We'll see how this goes.
Remind me what a hospitalist is? Is he medical? Actually I had a nurse start giving me much the same talking to on my first day - I just locked eyes and dared her to go on. She got the message!
 
He or she is the medical doctor who manages the medical side of my hospital stay. He doesn't do anything for my knee that the OS should be doing. I'll probably see him once a day while I'm here. I believe he'll do a report on my pain meds and other routine care things.

Pain meds should be okay. Norco every 4 hours, morphine every 2 hours -- I need to track and ask for them. Then I have this ball thing into a catheter in my thigh, currently set at 8. Max setting is 12, I believe. Late tomorrow, I'm going to see about slowly reducing that, because if doesn't go home with me.

Flexion was about 90 from the PT's eyeball measurement.

Knee did feel all wobbly when I was doing the standing exercise. They won't say it, but from what I've learned here, that's most likely the block, right?


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I'm glad your new knee is in at last, Jean. And that things seem to be going well. :friends:

As for that hospitalist - smile and nod, and do your own thing.
 
Grin. That's my plan.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Congratulations on your new knee! Prayers for a smooth recovery - I like the grin part.
 
Good news, plus you'll be leaving the hospital in a few days so the hospitalist can jump off the bridge. :heehee:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom