Guest viewing is limited

TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Right)

Happy Knee-Birthday, Jean! I'm having the same problem with the heat and walking, only my tolerance is probably less than yours. I need it to be in the low 60s at least. The water is too cold for swimming here right now.
 
I get distracted early, and before I know it, the day is half gone, and I haven't done my walk. I need to plan and execute better. Ahhhh! Low 60s. I won't be seeing those until January.
 
Jean, I force myself to walk within the half hour of getting out of bed. It's the coolest time of day here in PA. While I don't really enjoy walking at all :nah: I do enjoy the benefits. I can stand longer, walk better while shopping etc. and my BP is good with no meds. Yesterday I could've wrung myself out after and it was only 68 degrees when I was done. Thank heavens my bike is in the cool basement for 8 miles!
 
I managed to get away from my walking program and never got back to it. Grrr. I have started a yoga class once a week with a great instructor who makes excellent adaptations. While I can spend a very little time on my knees with a six inch pad, I appreciate that the instructor has been able to provide a lot of standing adaptations for most of the floor exercises involving knees. If you're interested in yoga for increased flexibility, look for an instructor who can advise you on adaptations.

I do plan to get back to regular walking, since that's the best, easiest, and most flexible thing (schedule-wise) for me to do.

Finally, all of you pre-op and post-op folks...
Please sign up for the Joint Replacement Awareness Day (JRAD) event.
We all want it to be a big success and try to have all resources in one place for those considering joint replacement and those moving forward from joint replacement.

JRAD will be the largest online educational event ever to be held on the topic of joint replacement and up to 100,000 people are expected to tune in. It will feature presentations and panel discussions with the top experts in the orthopedic profession including surgeons, nurses, and physical therapists, as well as patients who have gone through the joint replacement process and can speak to its benefits and challenges.

Bonesmart is an invaluable tool for my ongoing recovery and I'm excited to see what this will look like.
I valued the support and advice from our resident medical advisor, Josephine, with decades of experience, but to have such a large group of all things joint replacement...will be amazing. To have a large number of our members participating "those who know" - will certainly benefit all involved.

We CAN make a difference, and we can get the attention of all involved in all areas of joint replacement...
I hope to learn something and hope we can all lend our voices to highlight our unique experiences.

There is a link that will take you there at the end of my signature.
Hope to see you there.
 
Three year check up on the right knee. Four year check up on my left knee yesterday, and all is well. Even the patellas are behaving. As my surgeon says, he can't make them as good as what God made, but he does his best.

I'm just thankful to be largely pain-free. I did get shoulder x-rays and I'm waiting for a referral to discuss shoulders with him, but he indicated there's nothing seriously wrong with my shoulders at this time -- a bone spur on one. I'm pursuing therapeutic massage to try to address my shoulder issues, but my gut feel is it's a soft tissue problem. By the time I get in to see him again, I should know what the massage has done for me and we can discuss the way ahead.

But knees? They are great. I'm so happy for that.
 
I agree, so much better to be safe than sorry.
 
What wonderful news! I'm so glad everything looks good for you. Hopefully, the shoulder will heal itself up with no surgery.
 
Back
Top Bottom