TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

Congrats forgetting your pain control and for finally getting home. You will feel better in no time.


Brenda
 
Until I got home I hadn't realized how loud and intrusive it was at the hospital, also each step feels like one thing checked off the list; surgery/hospital - DONE!
 
Keep to your times for meds at home. If you forget or miss one your body will let you know for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Still waiting for the poop fairy to visit. Only discomfort is mental -- knowing there's been no bowel movement since Tuesday morning, but I've been eating relatively normally. Taking stool softeners. Had husband pick up some prunes for me. I'm sure everything will come out just fine in due time. But feel free to move that poop fairy along if she's lingering.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I ended up having to do a Fleets, made things nice and quick. :heehee:
 
First home health visit, and she suggested Miralax. I may be sending Mr. L out on another errand to get some of that if these low level efforts don't work.
 
Well, I can say my first one was a struggle to put it lightly. Once your of the narcotics things will improve even more. I think @SeptemberZen ate trail mix to combat hers. I like prunes, so that's what I did. But I need milk of magnesia to get the ball rolling.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)
It's not looking or feeling too bad.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think it looks great although I don't know what it's supposed to look like really! However, I hope mine will look that good 5 days out!
 
Constipation can be a big pain in the ***. I got stuck with it once the 2nd week following surgery then kept up a daily regimen of Miralax, Colace & a dash of Senokot - that has made things smooth sailing!
 
Not bad, brushing isn't to bad either. Mine got worst when I left before it got better. Took a couple weeks for the brushes to go away. Wear the hoses, they will help with the swelling as well as blood clots. Elevation along with ice is crucial.
Are you in home PT or out patient? Don't forget to post your scar in the badge of honor post. I had 31 staples.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@wberry scar is posted. I think I only have 30 staples.

The poop fairy made a brief visit this morning. I'm happy to have THAT milestone met.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
First home PT session today. Impressed with therapist who verbally told me what he wanted me to do or demonstrated what he wanted done. Then he watched me perform, taking measurements when I was on the last one. My starting measurements are 8 and 82. No nightmare stories like some I've heard here. He left me with pictures of the exercises and asks me to try them twice a day.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Physical therapy still going well. I'm so blessed to have had two good physical therapists for this knee. I'm switching from walker to cane for most things, and I'm walking well.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got a substitute PT guy today. Before he got here, I was so worried he'd be the nightmare PT guy y'all talk about, but this one was awesome, too. Even talked about adding yoga poses for some of his more advanced patients.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got the knee to 90 today. PT took me down the steps and walked with me in the driveway. Said my gait improved as we walked. Husband also noted I was looking a little tired toward the end.

I'm inside and icing now. It's hard to describe how good the left knee feels, but those of you on this side of the procedure know what I mean.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good job today. Take your time and heal well. Bet it was good to get outside.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom