TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

The pain has gotten worse since the block wore off. Lots of discomfort.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Vincent, my PT guy, took me up and down a flight of stairs today. He has the CPM set for 75. It's a little snug that way but tolerable.

Sounds like you're doing great, pretty soon you'll be home and settled in, it'll be so nice to get away from the noise and intrusion of the hospital.

Hang in there, timber the first two weeks are the worst, it gets better from there.

You are in the "Dark Days of Recovery"---it is absolutely normal.
The pain has gotten worse since the block wore off. Lots of discomfort.
Let the folks know of this, and make yourself an advocate for yourself---and have somebody else be an advocate for you, too.

Let them know of your pain so that they can get it taken care of. It is tough in the early going---but you should not have this type of pain.

How do you like the Stryker? I have a matching set of Triathlons. You will enjoy it and your new lifestyle when you are fully recovered.

I have let them know. We're working to get the right blend.

As for the Stryker, I can hear it clunking but no adverse feelings associated with it.

I have let them know. We're working to get the right blend.
That is great news---get that pain taken care of.

As for the Stryker, I can hear it clunking but no adverse feelings associated with it.
That clunking and thunking sound is all part of the game plan and is to be expected. Your new knee is metal and plastic and will make those noises. I found that when my quads and hamstrings got strong enough, the sounds then dissipated----I can hear mine every now and then, but it is not an issue.

I second that, heard it from here, from my OS and from PT. Plus I found the knee cap can make noises to as it rides across the knee knee if you have a backing on it.

They will get the pain under control---you just have to keep asking. I am glad that the nausea is gone---now try to eat something with the pain meds to keep the nausea away.

Pain is being generally well-controlled. I wish they'd quit setting the darned fall alarm on the bed. My bladder seems to want to be emptied every 30-60 minutes.

Yea, had same issue. I got tired of getting up, just used the urinal instead.

Yay, enjoy the peace and quiet!

Finally, you don't have nurses waking you up every hour to do something, to take something, or poke you.

The Respiratory Therapy were the worst. Because I use a CPAP for sleep apnea, they assumed I had COPD and needed oxygen. The people checking vitals were also checking oxygenation. Why couldn't they talk to each other instead of bugging me?

They kept me on oxygen the entire time because my numbers stayed in the 80's. I forgot my mouthpiece that helps me breath and not smooth at night.

I felt so much better when I walked into my own bedroom and snuggled into my own bed.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom