TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

Good to see you on the other side! Hope they keep you pain under control as your spinal wears off.
 
The barfing is just a minor annoyance, it passes. LOL (I crack myself up). Hope you have a great day tomorrow, probably not a lot of sleep tonight since they bug you nonstop in the hospital, but tomorrow should be just at fine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad it's over for you! Know it's been mentioned, but be sure to eat a little bit when you take your pain meds. That cuts down on the chance of nausea. Let the healing begin!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
If you had eaten the jello, the barf would be in a nice color.

Your coming along nicely, and your digestive track is running in reverse.

Well hopefully it will run in the other direction soon. Glad you have motion and ROM. I couldn't lift mine at all, so your ahead of the game.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Nausea and vomiting do not have to be endured. If one medication doesn't work, ask for a different one. Keep asking until you get one that works for you.

I speak from experience, as almost all analgesics make me vomit. However, warned in advance about this, my doctors prescribed anti-nausea medications. I had no nausea and I didn't vomit even once.
 
@Celle the one they switched to at six seems to be working. I've been able to nibble on my peanut butter cookies rescued from the dinner tray all night with no ill-effect.

Now I'm itching. Got some Benadryl with my 9:00 meds. Doesn't seem to be helping yet (almost an hour later).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good morning, everyone! Doctor just left. Said my knee was one of the worst he's ever seen, especially for someone my age. He said he pulled large rocks from the back with one being at least as large as a spherical quarter.

I'm starting to feel some discomfort, mostly in the back of the knee. Doc propped a pillow under it and said I need to keep it there for at least 15 minutes. I forget the frequency. He also said he was able to achieve a full range of motion in the joint, so that bodes well for recovery.

PT is supposed to get me up and walking around today. Looking forward to that.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats on your new knee. Here's to a great recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad your doc got that mess cleaned out! I only had a few chunks and it was miserable, so much better now!

Enjoy your walk today. :thumb:
 
After doing some basic knee exercises, we walked to a stripe in the hallway and back.

Then I used the toilet. No #2 yet, but think it's more that I don't have anything far enough into the pipeline yet.

On CPM machine for three hours, then he'll have more for me to do.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Did you use the walker or are you stellar cadet and do it solo. I know you used the walker, but I was hoping you wanted to show off


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The walker they brought me was too short, they kept adjusting it but couldn't get it tall enough, I did my hospital walks hunched over like Quasimodo. :heehee:
 
Congrats on making it to the other side and I'm happy to see you are feeling better. Make sure to set an alarm for your meds if the nurse does not wake you up in the middle of the night as you WANT to stay ahead of the pain, I didn't do that and day 2 was hell!
Hope your afternoon is going well and the itching has subsided by now.


Brenda
 
Thanks, Brenda. They don't get reminders for when I'm due for more, so have them note the time on my board, then I call them.

After a painless day yesterday, the spinal started to wear off around three this morning.

Knee and surrounding area are about a 2, expanding to 3 when I move it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jean, how is the itching? When they did my knee arthroscopy, they gave me hydrocodone afterwards and I itched like crazy. I've been dreading that with my TKR scheduled for May 1. I talked to my physician daughter about it last night and she said itching is a common reaction to hydrocodone -- not an allergy, just a common reaction that many people have. She told me to tell the anesthesiologist and surgeon and they could do something to help ease that -- maybe benadryl is the answer. Hope you're doing well.
 
I didn't realize that they didn't wake you for meds as I was awake the first two days taking just cat naps but day 3 I slept well until 5 am and when I woke my block wore off and I was at about a 6!! I had a morphine injection along with anti nausea and Benadryl meds, twice that day to get ahead of the pain, so now I remind everyone as I would hate them to go through it!
I hope your levels get lower and you get some sleep.


Brenda
 
That itching bugged me too. Is yours around the sight or all over. Hope your not having weird dreams like I did. They got me off that pain med fast when I told them about the dreams.

How did it feel when the block wore off?

Hope your doing well, maybe you will go home in a day or so.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom