Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Standard Shoulder Replacement PJK65 in Recovery

OP
OP
P

PJK65

Country
United States United States
MRI scheduled for tonight of my right shoulder. Had final PT session last night, therapist agree's good progress with left shoulder (replacement), will continue strengthening and stretching on my own with home exercises. She had been working on my right shoulder, prom stuff, but I want to wait until after MRI and follow up with ortho doc to determine what I should really be doing. In the meantime I'm going to do pendulums with my right shoulder to keep movement going as they don't cause any discomfort.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Sounds like a good plan.

OP
OP
P

PJK65

Country
haven't been on in a while, the MRI of my right shoulder was negative, thank God, just a strained tendon which will take some time to heal. Still sore with movement but improving. Doing rom exercises I learned in PT for the right shoulder and that is helping. Left shoulder doing well, getting stronger. Was able to increase weight to 8 pounds doing front extensions to 90 degree's this weekend, three sets of 10, so feeling better about that. But I have to say, the strength really comes back slowly it seems. But I'm grateful that I don't have pain. Wondering if others with TSR experience any discomfort in the replaced joint when cold weather sets in? It's fixing to start getting cold here soon, so I'm wondering what I should expect. I hope everyone is well.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
I've also noticed how slowly my strength is returning in my left shoulder. It's coming, but boy I better not plan to have it "normal" any time soon. I don't go to therapy anymore, but I do devise things to do with that shoulder to strengthen the muscles gradually. It talks back to me a bit if I try to push too quickly.

OP
OP
P

PJK65

Country
Hello, I hope all are well. I haven't posted in a long time so thought I'd give an update. My shoulder continues to get stronger, though I've found that trying to push heavy objects causes some pain. I guess it's a matter of accepting my limits. My range of motion isn't great, but it's not bad, and it's pain free, so I'll take it. Overall I'm very grateful I had the surgery.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
This is good news. I'm finding with my shoulder it is taking that full year to really get all strength back. Feel free to keep working on yours with exercises and even some targeted therapy if you like. A good therapist can show you things you can do on your own in a few sessions and that can really be a help if you want to do specific things like pushing heavier objects or expanding your range of motion. Let us know how you get along!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Decadeofbliss
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom