hippychic
new member
- Joined
- Mar 16, 2019
- Messages
- 18
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm only 55 so in a bit of shock that I need a THR, pending 2nd consultation 21st March with a date of 16th April pencilled in for op.
However I have some concerns as 1st consultation discussed epidural and sedation and as I had L5 S1 disc surgery 20 years ago and am now advised I have scoliosis too, starting to feel anxious as do not want to aggravate back issue.
Any comments, advice?
Tia
hippy
I'm only 55 so in a bit of shock that I need a THR, pending 2nd consultation 21st March with a date of 16th April pencilled in for op.
However I have some concerns as 1st consultation discussed epidural and sedation and as I had L5 S1 disc surgery 20 years ago and am now advised I have scoliosis too, starting to feel anxious as do not want to aggravate back issue.
Any comments, advice?
Tia
hippy
and good luck with the up and coming op too Hoppy
to Bonesmart and what a wonderful tool it was for me for my recovery. Finding out you need a hip replacement is jarring - for sure.
Hello Hippychic! I think you will have the opportunity to meet with the anesthetist prior to your surgery to discuss your concerns. Try to start a list of questions for different consultations.




(that's me in my head) sending smiles and happy thoughts to you! Tell them to get ur done, you got stuff to do!
but know i need to carry on......