Partial knee replacement at 26

@Monnsterr, just getting caught up on your thread. I also live in SE Michigan, about 40 miles southeast of Ann Arbor. I had my Lateral PKR about a year ago. I used Dr. Michael Masini out of St. Joseph’s hospital in Ypsilanti. If you haven’t checked him out, it might be worth your time. When my insurance originally denied my knee surgery (of any kind), he fought with them to get it approved. I found that he takes the patients condition and quality of life issues very seriously. Give him a call.
 
I also had ACI and TTO. As you can see from my signature, I got MRSA in one of the screw holes for the TTO. As far as I'm concerned, that surgery was the worst thing I've ever done. The pain relief from the arthritis was better for a couple of years but it was replaced by pain from the muscle-flap surgery for about the same length of time. I wish I'd had a TKR in 2013. My pain is less than it has been in at least 7-8 years at 12 weeks postop.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom