Guest viewing is limited

Out an on the other side of revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim - You sound so much better!
I hope this recovery goes well for you so you can be out walking and biking and enjoying life again soon!
Wow, to have traveled the road you've been on and then to have been proven that YOU knew something was really, really wrong all that time.... we do know our own bodies best, don't we?

I'm rooting for you!
 
Gosh, Jim - I never knew you were a triathlete! Amazing! And still you managed to keep such a wonderful spirit during your trials. I am in awe!

Give Pete a hug for me, y'hear? :dogkiss:
 
Kathy, Thanks for your optomism. I'm doing pretty well. I have been doing the stardard at-home rehab exercises and walking (with a walker or crutches), and I'm getting stronger by the hour. I'm beginning to dream about all the things I can do once I am walking and my hands are free again. Since I can see progress I'll abide by oath to use the walker/crutches for 6 weeks. But a friend of mine wants to looking at new bicycles, I'm thinking about working out and swimming at the health club and Pete :dogkiss: has been asking me when we are going to get back to the dog park.
I'm certainly in a different mood-given that I was generally accepting and patient-
than I was a month ago. It is just wonderful not to have that pain that existed for a year before the operation.
I do hope your second THR (if it occurs) will be as smooth as my first and this revision (knocking on wood).
Jim
 
Jim, your post is such a joy to read. This has been my wish for you that you could get a decent revision and end up with a great hip. It's fabulous!!!! Now I smile every time we hear from you.
 
Ditto on what Jamie said above. I am sure we are all can feel your happiness in your posts now. Just please take your time and don't rush into anything faster then your supposed to! Pete can wait a few more more weeks!!:dogkiss:

Keep up the good work and I guess you have a lot to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving!!! Keep up the goodspirit and your positive attitude now!!!! Every day will get better and better.
Sandy
 
Jim, I agree with Jamie - my heart is full of joy to read your post. :bow:

(scuse me - need to go get a hanky!)
 
Josephine and All,
-Just a note to say that recovery is going well. I'm holding my self to the walker/crutches and doing the fundamental rehab exercises at home. I got the flu right at holiday time here and family over the weekend. I started back to work Monday (11/29), and I am much less stressed without the pain.
Yesterday I had some pain in the right knee joint which has been supporting the newly operated left hip for a year. It was frightening to think that it might be giving up on carrying the load. But it's a little better this morning. I suspect I made a sharp, military pivot on that foot that aggrevated the knee.
My incision looks pretty bruised, but I think it is healing well. I don't see any signs of infection (they gave me some antibiotics as a precaution).
I haven't had to take any pain meds since I got home from the hospital after a 2.5 day stay three weeks ago.

Would someone tell me again how I can find a list of threads that members have created? I see that it's easy to find their posts, but I'd like to better study some of the threads that people have created. I know this has been given to me before, but I have been moving through strange loops of forgetting during this long ordeal. But things are getting better.
-sorry for the delay in posting.
Jim
 
Well, for starters don't use the 'Search' at the top of the page, it doesn't work too well! Go into the forum (pre-op or recovery) and go to the 'Search This Forum' link as here

[Bonesmart.org] Out an on  the other side of revision


You'll see there are two options: Thread or Posts
Threads is selected by default.
Type the name in the box and hit Go

The search only picks up a maximum of 200 threads.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. You deserve that a hundred times over! :thmb:
 
Hey Jimbo, good to hear from you! Sounds like you are doing really well. No painkillers - :wow: Keep on doing what you are doing. You'll be dancing by New Years :hehe:!
 
No pain meds since you came home, huh.....THAT IS GOOD!!! Jim, I continue to smile every time you post. You do so deserve these good times. But stay away from those flu bugs, okay!!!
 
Once one of you told me how to find posts past that 200 or 300 limit. I did it once or twice, but sure can't remember how now. It was when I wanted to see what the person said from the beginning, to figure out why they'd had the knee problem to start with.
 
Pat, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. If you have a thread where you'd like to start from the beginning, you'd just go back to the first post from whatever post came up related to that user. Or you could do a search for all threads started by a particular user that you want to read about.
 
I know what she means. If you do a 'Find All Posts' it will only bring up the last 300 posts. I'm not sure if that still applies if you do it via the general search engine at the top - I'll have to try it out .....
 
Nope - that doesn't work. tbh I don't know of a place that does that.
 
Josephine and all,
Yeah, I wa hoping to see a list of threads listed for a specific member. But the search appears to show all current threads??.
Jim
 
Jim, If you click on the name in the avitar it takes you to their personal info page. It has a list of their posts or threads and you can search thru them.(STATISTICS)

In other words, go to any post that they are in and click on their name from that...or go to "community" and find them there alphabetically...

Glad this surgery has been successful for you. I really felt your pain...physically and mentally. Best!
 
Well, you can do it as per the instructions I gave in post 50. Which search engine did you use? The one in the forum or the one right up at the top? The forum works but the one at the top doesn't seem to. When it fails, it just shows you a whole load of different threads.

Did you put the person's name in?
 
I do it the way Janet recommended. When you click on the person's username, you'll get a drop down menu. Select View Public Profile and then click on the STATISTICS tab. You'll find a link there that should give you all threads started by that person.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom