Guest viewing is limited

TKR Optimistic1's Recovery Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxie- The only problem is the other knee is bone on bone and its painful to walk any distance
 
Yes I have been using stationery bike at the gym doing about 6 miles about 4 times a week. Occasionally use eliptical . Pt had me using hip abductor machines as much as possible . He wants me to do lots of marching knee lifts or lifting knees while sitting as well. I'm just wondering why rom yesterday went from 123 to 110 or117 when he pushed? Guess I'll hAve to see what doctor says tomorrow Other knee is definitely acting up. May need cortisone unless he wants to hold off if surgery can b scheduled for that one. Bummer
 
Let us know what your doctor says today. It sounds like you have a good exercise plan going!

Roxie
 
Roxie - Dr feels like external rotation and pain issues are due to healing process and that is one if the things that will disappear in time. Sti just 8 weeks out. He feels the patients tgT do the best hAve good rom right from the beginning and he said I'm ahead if the curve. He gave me nite fir wirk returning in a week. Initially 20 hrs wkly and back to full time within a month. Just had to b approved by mgr. he didn't want to schedule other knee today. Wants me to let this deal. Little more and if I decide I want it done to call him in a month or two to set up. Definitely need it done but he said up to me when
 
Good news. I am about 2 weeks ahead of you and still have odd pain issues now and then too. Last night was one of those nights. But I agree with the rom comment. I was at 103 the day after surgery, and 120 when I was discharged from PT at 4 weeks. I measured the other day with my phone app -- can't guarantee how accurate it is -- and was 125 then. My PT said he could tell I would do well from the beginning. That's not to say that people who struggle with their ROM won't go on and do equally well down the road.

I still do have swelling -- mostly above my knee now -- and the stiff band feeling. They are gradually improving and staying reasonably active seems to help. I think I overdid a bit yesterday and paid for it when trying to sleep last night. I do notice that my swelling actually decreases when I do something active. I do believe that, in time, this will be behind both of us and we shall be thrilled we did it.

Roxie
 
Roxie- I think you're right. I think because my pt right from the start called me a superstar, when I still had stiffness and some uncomfortable days I thought something was terribly wrong. Have to remember major surgery takes time to heal and the doctor says these things all eventually will disappear. I need to give myself a break yet don't let up in the rehab. Especially before I do the other knee. Thanks for sharing and keep in touch
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom