TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tech stuff in teaching added to my retirement decision. Tech support would spend months working on grade book programs, attendance, etc., then expect teachers to pick it all up in an hour long training. During the school year updates would occur in the grade books but no one would warn us or train us, we'd log in to find it totally different or unrecognizable. Of course it was just one concern in a loooooong list of reasons to retire!

I am not a napper at all. The only time I was able to nap was during the TKR. It was one of the pluses of recovery and I totally enjoyed it! However I haven't napped since the spring of 2014. :boohoo:
 
It's that tech swarm that influenced my retirement. After ASP, then Ajax, And a zillion other new processes started swarming the scene it overwhelmed my 60 something brain

Seriously!!!! ugh! And don't get me started on the politics of it all—everyone things they're a designer and it drives me bat-guano-crazy. I'd retire tomorrow if I could, but no such luck.

I took the doodle to the vet this morning for her vaccinations, and that was enough. I've got my knee up on ice while watching the baseball game.

The knee is boss, eh? Little tyrant :rotfl:.

We were at CarMax last weekend and a man saw my scar and asked how long before it felt normal. He had an ace bandage around one of his knees and turns out his knee was two weeks old! I told him that there was NO way I could be out and about at two weeks. wow.
 
everyone things they're a designer and it drives me bat-guano-crazy
haha not to get TOO off topic, but I feel your pain.. like working weeks on a project that you follow the given specs TO THE LETTER, only to present and be told, on NO thats not what I meant, I want it to do "this" and "that" while juggling bowling balls on fire.. etc ;)
 
He's an anomaly! I don't know anyone personally who was up and active at 2 weeks, even with partials.
 
@dianehelen - don't get me started on requirements gathering. It's to the point where I need to be there. Properly gathering requirements is so critical. I like scribbling and using pencil prototypes to communicate with users.

@KarriB - he was walking on a cane, but said it hurt a lot and he just had to get out. I told him to take it easy.

It is interesting how many conversations I've had about my knee and surgery. I don't mind answering questions and encouraging people. I've told people about this website, too.
 
Julie, thanks for the comprehensive report from seven weeks. It helps to know how people are feeling and what they are doing. Good for you, getting out some already! Audrey.
 
requirements gathering.

We really DO live in the same ecosystem dont we? (Well for me, previously) but its nice , if somewhat amusing to meet another one from that bizarre world. I've often said, "do I have to make you sign off your AGREED specs in crayon?" :tantrum2:
 
@greatlakes - You're welcome! I found that reading others' recovery threads helped SO much! I try to do the same.

@dianehelen - it IS a bizarre world. I love the analysis and design part of my job. It's a rush to take someone's convoluted workflow and make their lives easier. I love that. The politics and bovine excrement take take a flying leap, tho.

Busy and stressful day. I'm going to sell my other car, so am dealing with that. Ugh. I hate it, but now that my knee works, I don't need it. Yay!
 
@LoveGiants. So glad to read how far you've come and that you are back in that Miata!! I can't wait for life to get back to normal. Tired of sitting in recliner feeling like I'm wasting the day away. I am so over laying down too and I am just 9 days out.

P.S. GO CUBBIES!! Sorry, I just had to! LOL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How are your Giants doing? I've given up on the Pirates this year. They've been hard to watch the last 7 games.
 
Hello! I've been crazy busy, but wanted to check in.

@karena71 - I can't hate on the Cubbies, especially Jon Lester, but dang. That wasn't fun.

@KarriB - sigh...I still love 'em, but it's not as much fun to watch. They're 4 back from the Evil Empire West Coast Edition (Dodgers) and are doing well in the wild card, but the bats and the bullpen. sigh... sorry about your Pirates. I'm always pulling for them.

Eight weeks today!

I can't believe it's been eight weeks! My knee is doing well and I'm really happy to be able to live life more.

This past weekend was busy with working on selling and buying a new car. It was stressful to deal with dealers and getting quotes on the trade-in (my daily driver) and the new car, but it worked out so well in the end. We got the new Miata Sunday and after HOURS at the dealership, I came home and passed out. That was the first time I didn't ice or elevate until later afternoon and I felt stiff, but no pain. I'll take that! We took it out yesterday and I was able to drive some twisties for the first time in a LONG time and it was awesome!!!! :driver:

My flexion is slowly improving. I haven't gotten not the bike yet, but hope to soon.

I'm cooking simpler dinners now and I have a happy hubby! He was always gracious and kind to prepare dinners, but I know it was quite stressful for him.

I'm going back to work part time from home on Monday. That should be interesting :).

I hope you are all doing well!!
 
Car shopping and buying is SO stressful. Your dealing is all over and your knee behaved. Enjoy that new ride!
 
Thanks!

It's metallic white. I really wanted orange, but they don't have fun colors. We have a red jeep, so I got white. I'll re-upholster the interior with red leather at some point.

[Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling

When I say "twisties," this is what i'm talking about:
[Bonesmart.org] One Year Update: problems cycling

I love it!!!
 
How gorgeous that thing is! Your car looks like it's laughing and it makes you want to smile! Have fun in it.
 
Love white cars! My last 3 cars were white. I hate buying cars so much I kept my last one for 13 years. Last June my bff's husband walked into the house and said, "I'm giving you 2 weeks to find a new car. I can't be responsible for this one." So after I chose one he drove it, gave it his seal of approval and I picked a color...silver.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom