Got home on Thursday evening.
I overdid it on Friday because I had some longstanding tickets to an exhibition, and was taking a friend I hadn't seen for a while. My husband thought I was a bit mad to go, but I was so sick of staring at four walls in hospital and had complete cabin fever. I coped really well although needed my stick to lean when I got tired standing. I even managed to do a short flight of stairs going down correctly. It was at a station with no lift and quite busy. I was worried I might get jostled if I was too slow- so I just walked down normally holding the rail and carrying my stick but not using it. I was fine - minimal discomfort.
But that night I had some warmth and a little bit of swelling/ tightness again. Not surprised really as had done 8000 steps after a few days of bed rest.
Feel tired today and going to take it easy for rest of weekend. The baby grandson has brought home yet another cold from the childminders and everyone else has already got it......