Revision THR One year later and still pain in groin

Today my back pain progresses and escalates. I’m trying so hard not to bed at waist. I think the dislocation ruined things
 
I'm so sorry.
It's good you're seeing the surgeon tomorrow. I hope he's not rushed or inattentive and answers all of your questions thoroughly. Hopefully he'll have some good suggestions / advice and will offer you some reassurance in regard to your progress. Please let us know how it goes.
Wishing you comfort and a good night's sleep. :console2:
@Onestepatatime
 
I am catching up on your thread.. you have been struggling and I'm so sorry, but I'm so glad that you are taking what Jamie said to heart. There was a lot of good advice in her post, and now hoping you will have some positive things to report later about your visit today. Or at least have a game plan to get you back on track.

My suggestion is to not dwell on what you can't do. You'll rejoin the activities in the future, but for now your future depends on how you take care of yourself.

This sounds awful to many but I took an online course with both recoveries. It kept my brain occupied, is there a possibility of doing something like that?

Anxious to hear how your appointment was, I hope you had a good, thorough exam and consult. :flwrysmile:
 
@CricketHip et all,
So I saw the surgeon today and we had a thorough discussion. I did not walk away with any quick fixes. He said again it’s too soon for an MRI to show anything. He said he had a team of doctors look at my case and they all felt I need more time.
Other things discussed was my back pain and he watched me walk and adjusted my crutches. We spoke about me starting PT and he felt I needed it bc of my limp.
He explained because of the dislocation and subluxations I’m set back in my recovery 6 weeks. So basically I’m past the 3 week surgical pain but that’s it. Everything is so slow.
He also said I need to figure out my own thresholds with outings and to make each one small. Dislocations are still a possibility but he said no surgeon would operate on me now. We just need to wait and see. I also hope now that he adjusted the crutches so I don’t bend lopsided will stop back pain. In a week or two I’ll try Cane again. Walking hurts but I need to move.
The other thing bothering me is gastrointestinal issues from medicine. And sleep. I’m just a big ball of cranky now. Gonna see if I can fall back asleep for a bit....I really like my surgeon do you think I should be getting second opinions?
 
I think everything your surgeon said makes sense. It all fits with what you are experiencing. Past week 3 pain but not much further. I know it's frustrating but do give it time. Stay on those crutches for now and see it your back settles.

Do you know which medication is causing gastrointestinal issues? Can your family doctor help you tweak your medication?
 
Hi All,
Hope all my fellow recoverers are doing well. I started outpatient PT to help strengthen my leg. I still can’t raise it and getting dressed ie socks and pants up is still an issue. After two sessions I was pretty sore. Prior to this surgery I was at the gym almost daily cycling.

I have an overnight wedding in two weeks. I hope I’ll be ok to attend. It’s only two hours away in CT. The two women I’m going with and sharing the room with are partners. I’ll be the party pooper and go back to the room. I’m still nervous about overdoing it.
Tomorrow my exciting day consists of baking goodies to send to my son at school and PT. And several small walks. And job search. Argh I’m so bored, hhheeelllpp!!!
 
hello! I bet doing some PT felt like you were at least taking some positive action. I know that would help me mentally, I hope it helped you, too. Well, except for the soreness! Make sure the PT knows the extent of your soreness.. it may help them decide how to proceed.
You r wedding trip sounds like it could be an adventure. You are being a party pooper, you are trying to stay healthy so you can heal and get on with your life! I call that being brave! I mean that, too. :flwrysmile:
 
@CricketHip
Hi Carol, Thanks for the reply. I like the PT place I am going to. They are all really experienced therapists and seem to be on the ball. I will tell them tomorrow I was pretty sore. Yeah, I was having a panic attack today that I have plans to do this overnight trip in two weeks. But man, do I need a change of scenery! Thanks for the vote of confidence on me being brave, appreciate it. I want to find a temp job I can work from home on. So I am surfing every job board to see what might work.....
 
That could be a nice solution! Working at home, especially if it wasn't full time, maybe? But I guess it could be full time if you were able to move/rest when needed. I wish you good luck with that as it could be a good solution for you.
Hang in there, every day should get you closer to your goals. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi All,
So, I have had four PT sessions so far and not seeing any progress. I still cannot lift my leg much, making standing leg lifts very difficult, along with the bike on level one, and the leg slides. My surgery was over two months ago. Could this be because of the dislocation? I also asked my physical therapist her assessment of when I will be strong enough to work full-time. She said two months which is same thing my surgeon said.

On another note, I have become compulsive about my job search. I applied to a position a week ago, again with the thought process companies drag. I am flattered but stressed that I had a phone interview this morning with the HR Recruiter and the hiring manager wants to speak with me Monday! ****. I loved the scope of the role, it is with a great company as well. Should I speak live with the Recruiter prior to the call with the hiring manager? I am making myself nuts. I have been trying to get work from home gigs, they seem scarce.

Heeelllppppp:what::shrug::hairpulling:
 
Good evening @Onestepatatime. I'm afraid you are correct and it is indeed from your very sore soft tissues that was the result of your dislocation. I seem to recall you saying your doctor said this early on.
Son't you wish you could do a Rip Van Winkle and sleep through the next 2 months??
I'm not sure what to tell you about the job interviews. It seems like a frustrating loop for you at the moment and I really feel for you.
Are you asking whether to speak to the recruiter so you can fill him in on your recovery status? That sounds like the best thing to do, don't you think?
Or maybe you are thinking about something else that needs discussed prior?
So I guess what Im trying to say is I don't have any advise but am here to provide support.
I hope you have a nice weekend.. you've earned it!
 
Hi@Crickethip,Thank you for putting up with my job scenarios, as I work through them. Do I just say.to the recruiter..:I want to make him aware I am at the tail end of a hip surgery, and all is going well. Or do I have that discussion with the hiring manager who wants to speak with me Momday at 2:00 pm. Not sure of your timing, but according to my surgeon he advised two more months and I am optimistic things will align.

How does that sound? If it is an issue I will keep moving to the next opportunity. Eventually something will fall into place. Just wanted to solidify what to say on Monday to the company...

Tnanks!:good-bad::yahoo::boohoo::beg::thankyou:
 
It has to be soo frustrating for you. I can only imagine.. I'm certainly not an authority on executive hiring but would think you would want to speak to the hiring manager? Then you will most certainly dazzle them with your brilliance so when you mention the time frame for your recovery they will be more inclined to wait for you, if at all possible. I'm so glad it's a phone interview!! No long car rides and heels to wear, just yet. :) :-) (:

My husband always bemoans how slow the process can be to get someone on board and officially hired, just maybe this will be the case. :prayer:
 
@Onestepatatime you'll definitely want to work it in during the interview on Monday so they know you're being straight forward with them. And, even if they aren't willing to wait on you they may remember you in the future if something comes up.

I know you were talking about work from home jobs and not finding much. Not exactly sure what you're looking for but you might try googling Rat Race Rebellion, it's a site that has legit work at home listings.
 
I agree with the suggestions to discuss your recovery only with the hiring manager. This is the only person that knows how your situation impacts what they need the person they will hire to do. You can talk about possible work-from-home options if they would like to consider that. Let them know you're interested in getting started as soon as possible and that would at least let you start a bit earlier than if you had to wait until you were well enough to do full workdays. Best of luck!!!
 
Hi All, thanks for your input! I was on the fence about telling the recruiter only with the thought he could provide insight to timing and to the hiring manager. But I agree with you that only the hiring manager needs to know.
The other thing is if they want me in nyc most days I physically cannot do that commute. Unless I move which I want to anyway. But I’m getting overwhelmed at recovery new job and moving. It’s really hard to navigate this all. I am psyched about a fresh start but really wish I felt better.
 
I wish you felt better, too. You had a bit of bad luck.. but hopefully soon, you will begin to feel some improvements. Then the hard work REALLY starts.. no ODIC for you!
I hope today's phone interview went as well as you had hoped for.
 
Hello @Onestepatatime, I was catching up on your thread and so very sorry to hear about your dislocation.
Regarding moving, my daughter hired a “task rabbit” when I helped her with one move to a 4th floor walk up. The task rabbit and she did the stairs. The task rabbit was also a professional organizer who helped her unpack and place things. I guarded the car and parking space, with my handicap placard. Some things about being disabled are useful. My daughter moved to NJ.
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom