Revision THR One year later and still pain in groin

Happy to read your updates @Onestepatatime Sounds like it was a good trip. Sometimes you just need to try a place on for size to see if it’s a good fit for you. Hoping something closer to home works out for you. Sending wishes for good news in the not so distant future. All the best to you!

GREAT news re NJ company finals!! :yes!:Good luck to you, and I truly hope you land the position in an area you want to stay in. For what it's worth, I'm 8 months out now and had an uneventful recovery compared to all you've had to endure, but I still get into the car - both driver and passenger sides - butt first then bring both legs in, knees together (or as I like to say, like the Queen would!) instead of swinging one leg in and pivoting then bringing in the other. It's slower and steadier than my old way, but perhaps a bit of care with those multitude of day to day movements isn't such a bad price to pay for pain free hips. :ok:

Good luck on Friday :yes:
Another company here in NJ wants me in for final interviews this Friday.

I love the way Calgal frames this movement:
but I still get into the car - both driver and passenger sides - butt first then bring both legs in, knees together (or as I like to say, like the Queen would!) instead of swinging one leg in and pivoting then bringing in the other. It's slower and steadier than my old way, but perhaps a bit of care with those multitude of day to day movements isn't such a bad price to pay for pain free hips.

In my heart of hearts I am not ready to be far from my son. When he graduates in May he will be living in Queens and I would love to stay in the area and see him in a 45 min drive

A desire to be close to your son is certainly understandable. I think it would be difficult to be geographically separated from my kids and grandkids. I'm sorry navigating the terminal and changing planes wasn't easy or comfortable as you traveled to and from NC.

I wish you all the best with your interview on Friday. I'm sure when the perfect offer comes along, and you accept, your new company will be lucky to have you. Keep us posted, we're rooting for you!

Hello @Onestepatatime
Stopping by to wish you a Happy One Year Anniversary!
It’s been a year already since your revision. I sure hope life has been treating you well and your hip is functioning optimally. Leave us an update if you receive a notification. We’d love to hear from you. I hope you have a wonderful Summer!

Hi All,
Hope everyone is staying healthy in these crazy times. So, it is now over a year since my hip revision, and I am suffering from iliopsoas tendonosis and bursitis. Has anyone had this? I cannot lift my leg or raise it and have a ripping pain in my groin if I overstep. Putting pants on, and getting in the car is very difficult. Getting in the car, I have to hold my leg and assist it. I have been through extensive physical therapy and no improvement. My surgeon was not very helpful. I thought by now I would be healed. I am not sure I am better now than I was before the surgery. I hope I am not headed for more surgery.

This board has been so supportive in the past for me, so I am hoping to get some advice or insight on this.
Thanks.

@Onestepatatime I merged your 2 post-op threads so that we have all your history in one place.
I am suffering from iliopsoas tendonosis and bursitis.
This is very common post THR. But it is usually caused by too much activity. What is your activity level at the moment?

Hi, Honestly all I am doing is walking a lot. This has been really painful for about five months. I am afraid this is permanent. My leg simply is not working right. I want to be able to do a sit up and an easy hike. And get in my car without pain.
Thanks.

Hello @Onestepatatime
It was nice to see your avatar, but I’m sorry to read of your struggles. Sadly I don’t have any advice, but I hope you find some answers soon. :console2: Wishing you comfort and speedy relief.

I feel your pain. I am still having groin pain post THR also. I had an injection into the iliopsoas area today. Hoping it helps.

I too feel your pain. I had posterior hip replacement on September 17, 2019. Have been in pain ever since. I limp horribly and groin pain is awful. I had two injections into my psoas tendon last year. One in January and July of 2020. I cannot lift my leg and also have many mechanical problems. I am supposed to have hip revision surgery in February, but I am very scared, especially because of the dislocation complications. Ugh! I am so sorry to everyone that has to live like this. I have always been a very active person, but am way worse since my hip replacement. My right hip is a nightmare too, way too afraid to have that replaced. I am 56 years old, but feel like 86. Seriously, don't know if I should have hip revision surgery.

Hi, Honestly all I am doing is walking a lot. This has been really painful for about five months. I am afraid this is permanent. My leg simply is not working right. I want to be able to do a sit up and an easy hike. And get in my car without pain.
Thanks.
Same after my hip replacement on September 17th 2019. Two injections into the iliopsoas tendon last January and July. Suppossed to have hip revision surgery in February. So afraid to do so. I don't want to end up worse, also afraid of dislocation complications. I am 56 years old, but feel like 86.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kerious1
Recent bookmarks
Back