One week away and second guessing...

Feel exactly the same as you @BoyMom 3 weeks today and first major surgery but only have to stand up and try and walk and I realise there are no real options got to be done . It is unbelievable how much hip pain and lack of mobility impacts on your life. All the best for the 6th look forward to reading your recovery posts.
 
Yes exactly one week from today for me too @BoyMom Here I am sitting in my cube at work just like it's any other Monday. I am really ready, at some point in bed last night I awoke to find I was on my side with my knees bent and my right hip literally didn't have the power to turn me the way I wanted to go. I was a competitive runner and now if a walk two miles in a day according to the FitBit that's about all I can manage. I've found I'm now noticing people with the telltale "need a hip" limp all over the place now. And I am increasingly grateful I have the option for this surgery. I wish all who needed could get.
 
I can do better than that! While I was waiting in pre-op and the surgeon came to see me, I timidly asked if my knee was really that bad and wasn't I making a lot out of nothing? He smirked, patted my arm in a very avuncular manner and said "Well let's just look at it this way - it's not going to get any better"!
 
Ha! I was the same way, especially when the first thing the pre-op nurse said to me was "your awful young for this aren't you?". I looked at my wife and seriously thought about leaving... Then to add some more damage she failed in her two attempts to insert the IV and had to call another nurse over... Luckily I had much more confidence in the surgeon...
 
Last edited:

Members online

Back
Top Bottom