Guest viewing is limited

THR One down, one to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that but after rethinking it is probably better I don't bum it all day on the couch bc then I will be back to how I was just before the surgery so I will just go with the flow. Wonder how these staples coming out tomorrow will feel though!? Ha
 
[Bonesmart.org] One down, one to go


Also here are the necessities that my awesome wife got for me!
 
So day 3 post op has been good so far. I am a stomach sleeper but now have to be a back sleeper for awhile and I actually had a good nights sleep at home. I was able to take a shower this morning which was amazing! Especially since my 6 year old son said to me this morning I smell weird and should take two showers, ha. Nurse is coming over in about 2 hours to remove the staples, which in have 18 I believe, so I will update on how that goes. I have heard it won't hurt but I can't imagine pulling a staple out of a human isn't but we will see!
 
[Bonesmart.org] One down, one to go
@Everyday344041, they have a special staple puller and removing the staples should not be painful. Occasionally you may feel a tuggy stingy sensation. Your incision area will feel much better once they're removed. I am surprised that they are coming out just 3 days post op---they usually have to stay in for 2 weeks.
 
We'll I guess I was wrong. The staples won't come out until the 14th day. It was just a quick check up to see how I am and how the home is set up but she did say to please take something for the pain bc taking out the staples isn't painless so we will see I guess
 
So day 4 has been ok again so far. The incision pain is starting to get a little better. Still very stiff getting up and getting down but once I get there, there aren't any problems. Would be nice to fast forward everything but compared to what most people go through I won't complain. Definitely sleeping a lot more which is good since we have an infant and haven't been able to sleep through he night in awhile but I do feel bad for the wife!
 
So day 5 was definitely a challenge, I don't know if it was the weather we are having in the northeast or not being able to help my wife with our 7 month old but the "blues" were there. I haven't been sleeping great bc I am a stomach sleeper and that has been difficult to accomplish. I was up about 5 hours too late but had a lot of time to think about what has been going on. So I just. Basically decided to get over it and start fresh in the morning. So on to day 6


So day 6 I woke up with a fresh start. I decided to ditch the cane and try to act like it was a normal day. I went outside and was going to snowplow the driveway since, you know, I am the man of the house. After I started it I just stopped and said to myself what the hell are you doing? So I came to my senses and went inside and spent time with the family. Around a few hours later I decided to do something small to make me feel like my old self so I went and drove a few minutes down the road to pick up some diapers and stop with that. I had my left hip done so driving was really easy. So I hope I am over these blues and just realize to not try and over-do it so I can get better until the next surgery comes! I also went back to the cane after speaking with the PT so no one worry! The whole leg feels great honestly besides some small incision pain but my left cheek does feel like its 10 times bigger than the right! So until tomorrow!!!
 
@Everyday344041 - glad you did something that made you feel your old self - I think it is important to get try and get some semblance of our old lives back as soon as possible - no matter how small or mundane.

As you would be aware the "blues" are a natural occurrence and good on you for your decision of lets start fresh the next day.

Of course all this I am yet to live through but I do value yours and every one else's updates and try and give as much encouragement as I can being on the pre-op side.

Hope you continue to improve mate :thumb:
 
Welcome home...glad all went so well for you.....sitting can be difficult ....finding a comfy chair was impossible for me...so I took off to my bed, feet up, TV remote, phone, iPad all to hand. Then could drop off to sleep when I wanted. Hope you have a great recovery.....slow and steady wins the race!! Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Dropping the cane on day 6.... Too much, too soon. Keeping the cane will ensure a good gait later on! Take it easy ! Chrissie


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Day 7 is over and I am still eyeing progress. The strengths is almost to the point where the. And isn't a necessity all the time. The only true problem I am having is the driving. I of course am only doing light driving once a day and it is very uncomfortable. I am wondering if it will improve when the stitches are out so we will see I guess. Well that's about it for the day so good luck to everyone else!
 
[Bonesmart.org] One down, one to go
[Bonesmart.org] One down, one to go


Should I be concerned with the difference in appearance? The clean one was taken the night of my first surgery and the nasty one was a few days after my second one. Sorry for the not so app leasing images btw


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
[Bonesmart.org] One down, one to go
No need for concern. You had little under the surface bleeding with first hip and a lot with the second. No two hips are alike and the surgeries are not exactly alike either. The bruising will clear up in a couple of weeks.
 
Whew, it has gone down some already but I was just freaked out as soon as I changed the bandage. I thought the doc was mad that morning or something, ha. But thanks for helping me ouy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I might add yours to this group! Bruising after surgery
We have a lovely gallery of bruising in there!
Note the suggestion about using witch-hazel - it's very soothing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom