THR On the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Royal1383 Hi Ken: I previously have had both knees replaced and this latest one is the right hip. I've got a lot of zinging in the thigh from where they move a nerve in the hip surgery. It takes a few months to go away. Ice, rest, and elevation really help with that.
The right knee is not as strong as I would like it to be and it definitely is not happy at the moment. I walk best on crutches. It will just take time and I think some PT.
 
Great report, Royal! Now don't go hot roddin' once you get behind the wheel!:heehee:
 
6 week update- All seems to be going well- Completely off the cane and walking totally unaided. Still have my incision site very slightly oozing, but the OS said it is fine and will take time. This is the area right by my waist where the incision starts. The rest of the scar going down the leg has healed perfectly. After sitting for awhile there is some stiffness, but that passes quickly once moving around. I go back to work teaching (3 hours a day) in 3 weeks so I should be good to go. Hope everyone is doing well!
 
Great report, Royal!!! You've made it!!
 
@Royal1383 So glad that you are so mobile. I'm getting better with a cane --still have some nerve zinging but it's improving. Have you practiced teaching yet? I'm tired after about an hour up and about :)
 
@Chihuahuan I begin teaching in 3 weeks. My mom will turn 100 this week. We have a 5 hour celebration on Sunday. Hopefully my energy level will be good. Glad you are making progress!
 
@Chihuahuan Thanks for asking about work. All is good, today I began teaching and was at work from 1 to 4 PM. I feel real good, my incision site is a bit sore but my hip feels great. Hope you are doing well.
 
@Chihuahuan Thanks for asking about work. All is good, today I began teaching and was at work from 1 to 4 PM. I feel real good, my incision site is a bit sore but my hip feels great. Hope you are doing well.
I'm in out patient PT now and really enjoy being with others on the road to recovery. I can really feel how weak my hip had become over the years now that muscles are being asked to work again. I have a feeling that recovery is going to take a long time but I'm okay with that. Progress is very slow but is occurring.
 
@Royal1383 just catching up with your thread. Sounds like you are doing great. Long may it continue!
 
Hi @Royal1383 you sound like you are beginning to se and feel the positive results. congratulations!
 
Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Have not been on the forum for awhile. My anterior hip replacement was on July 6th and I am doing really well. Still a little soreness in the thigh of the operated leg.

The crazy question has to so with something that happened today. I am a teacher and we were playing Simon says. I had a problem hopping on my operated side. Never thought hopping would be a problem 4 months after surgery. Will I always have a problem hopping and jumping? Just curious if this is a normal situation. Any insight would be appreciated.

Ken
 
Hi @Royal1383 I added your post to your recovery thread. Hope you don't mind!


I can see from your avatar that you are quite a stocky chap. In which case, hopping on your operated leg was probably not the wisest thing you've ever done, specially since your hip is still a baby! I'd avoid that activity for a good while, like another 8 month or so.
 
Just like most things, once enough time has passed and you work up to it, I bet hopping will fine. It seems like such a little thing, but it is a little harder than it sounds....and despite how good we feel,there is still recovery and reconditioning going on.

Hoping all else is going well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom