TKR On the other side!!!<

I'm doing well 0/110 and my knee is feeling really good. This process so far has been great and glad I did this. I'm having some issues with some RSD in my foot so I'm seeing a nerve specialist to help get to the bottom of it!! I'm glad to see your recovery has turned for the better.I read your post and that pt hurting you so early was not good. I'll keep watching your post to see your updates. Keep up the good work. Remember to be smart about your recovery all it takes is one bad decision to set you back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are doing well, glad your knee is feeling good. Sorry to hear your RSD is rearing up, hope the nerve specialist can help you get on top of it early.
 
Hi all I'm coming up on 8 weeks post op and rom is 0-125 and was wondering if anyone is having any knee cap tracking issues. My knee cap is not tracking correctly and on Monday there fitting me with a medial glide brace to get it align correctly. The physical therapist used some sports tape and it has helped tremendously . He's hoping that it's just my vmo that has to get stronger and will pull the knee cap over to get it to slide in the correct spot. I didn't develope this until 2 weeks ago and kept feeling a pinch at the top of my knee cap when my quad would fire. Any info from anyone that has gone through this would be helpful. I was having a great post op recovery until this started 2 weeks ago.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
@Pumpkln thank you for the info I just didn't think this would be a problem after TKR!
 
Frustrating to have patellar mal tracking, glad the tape gives your relief.
 
Tomorrow is my first day back to work after 15 long months, 5 surgeries later and it will be nice to get back some kind of normal life. I know my energy will be affected but one step at a time. I'm very happy I found this forum to help me through this journey!! Good luck to everyone on here with there recovery!
 
I hope your first day back was good. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance.
 
@kneeper Started back yesterday I left the house at 6:45am and got home at 6:00pm I was pretty tired but my knee did well. I'm sitting at a desk and I can elevate my knee so its doing good. Today left the house at 6:45 am worked till 3:15 and then had to drive to pt and it was a little over an hour to get there. I got home at 6:00pm and again pretty exhausted but holding up ok. I've got ice on my knee for the last hour but it's holding up!!! Being a hvac tech for very big company it's a totally different experience answering calls from customers and scheduling work for fellow techs. It's challenging to say the least Learning the computers is the opposite of what I'm used to but I guess I'll have to make it work!
 
Sounds like you are doing very well. That was indeed a long day for you. I'm stopping PT once I'm back at work. I'll be on my feet for up to 10 hours a day so I think that should be enough for me!
 
Hi everyone I had TKR on March 17th 2016 and had a pretty good recovery,but I knew something wasn't right because of how loose my knee was. I found out yesterday that I need a revision to replace the polyethylene insert to the next size up and was wondering if anyone has had this revision. I do know they have to open you back up and have to move my Petella over to get to the insert and I know it's a one minute swap, but just curious how long the recovery is going to be? He also said I'm gonna lose some ROM on my new knee with the bigger insert right now I'm 0-130
 
Welcome back, sorry to hear you need a spacer exchange. @skigirl had a spacer exchange and can address your concerns. She has great ROM.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Pumpkin I remember chatting with you after my TKR!
 
I sent you an answer to your PM. While you need to plan to take it easy after your revision you find find that your knee will do better when you don't feel the looseness you have now.
 
@Alta you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread. This is for three reasons

1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old thread
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you

Thanks!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom