TKR On the other side!!!<

@newlybionic i know it's crazy and the funny thing is I had my full script left over from my knee surgery I had in October I had a lateral release done by his partner and I didnt take one pill while recovering from that surgery!!! They were oxycodone 7.50 mg /325 time release!
 
Maybe it's the northeast. I'm very close to the NJ border and every night I see on the news another story on pain meds being abused. No your case it makes no sense and last July I didn't take any pain meds at all since I was so sick and that OS wouldn't even give me something for nausea. Go figure.
 
Opiates Are getting a lot of attention in the media with all the heroin overdoses going on!!!!
 
I was recently reading an article about new opioid prescribing guidelines, I think issued by the CDC.

My surgeon works as part of a team, including a pain management specialist. The downside to that is that I won't meet the pain management doctor until I've already had the surgery and I'm in hospital. I won't have a chance to discuss my concerns beforehand. On one hand, these doctors specialize in pain control. On the other, I have heard of "pain management doctor," being synonymous with "doctors who won't prescribe opioids."

Are you seeing a pain management doctor, or does your OS prescribe your pain meds?
 
My os is the one who writes out the script.
 
She said we will give you tramodal after your oxycodone is done.
That's good! Tramadol is much better than all those heavy weight meds!
My os is the one who writes out the script.
Maybe, but you should approach your GP. Many here have found them to be quite accommodating when the surgeon cuts them off.
 
@Josephine I'm not sure I'll need the strong stuff but I can't take tramadol it makes me itch and I'm sure my GP would give me more if I need it I just didn't like the way she said it.The last thing any of us going through this surgery is that we're gonna be worried about our surgeon cutting us off from pain control! If things stay on course I don't think I'll need oxycodone after the end of next week but time will tell . Thanks for the advice we all appreciate your guidance
 
Well in that case, Tylenol 1,000mgs 3-4 times a day should help.
 
Hi I was just reading your post on another thread. I wish you really good recovery. It's very early days yet and Just wanted to wish you well!
 
Well I started out patient pt today and I got the typical "I'm gonna hurt this person therapist who just had TKR so my numbers look like I'm doing my job". She started to bend my knee past my comfort point and I told her that's enough and got "Don't you want your money's worth" That's when I told her PT isn't supposed to be painful, it's supposed to be uncomfortable at best. After my little chat her attitude changed and the next she gave me a strap and had me stretch my knee to my comfort level.

Oh I forgot the part when I first got there she had me sit on the table with legs straight and grabs a stool and stands on it while I have a bolster under my ankle and pushes down on my leg to get it to 0 which I already told her that I have to stretch to get it to 0.

I worked with my home PT person who was the PT person I've used for my previous 3 surgeries and she understands the no pain mantra! I don't know what is wrong with some of these stubborn therapists. Anyone can figure out that when a knee is swollen it's not gonna bend!!!!! It's hard to believe that some of these people went to school for several years to learn this field and they forget the fundamentals of the knee.
 
Glad you stopped the PT from being overly aggressive with ROM. Best if they work on your swelling, walking, stairs, and balance.
 
Way to go! :yes!: Im hoping when I go to outpatient PT I can also make sure that they don't hurt me.
 
Hi

Oh my goodness I was so shocked when I read about your physio. In fact I felt nauseous at the though. Well done you for standing your ground!!:yes!::heehee:
 
Quick update my pt is going well my numbers are 0/108 which im happy with only being just over 3 weeks out,but my foot is bothering me pretty bad and I think it's my rsd showing its ugly face again. It feels like someone put it into a bathtub full of ice and when you touch it my foot it's not cold,but just feels frigid. When I put ice on my knee it almost immediately starts to bother my foot!I tried using my neurotech muscle therapy the same thing happens. I was diagnosed with rsd after my 2nd surgery so that's why I think that's what is going on.I see my OS on April 22 so I'll talk to him about it.
 
Your range of motion is very good. Im sorry about the RSD bothering you. Hopefully your OS can give you some ways to help the pain and still be able to ice your knee as needed.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom