Guest viewing is limited

TKR On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
60mom, I lost confidence in my OS too. Yeah, there was some imperfection in his results. But for reasons that cannot be explained I developed arthrofibrosis and it was just a tough time for me and also for my surgeon. Ultimately, I ended up both liking him and respecting him more. But there are so many unknowns, and very often time takes care of problems, which is why your doctor is taking a wait and see stance. That's actually good medicine, in my opinion. But when you're the patient, it feels like you wait an eternity to even just find out where you're headed, nevermind the eternity yearning for The Solution.

It won't hurt to go get a second opinion. It may prove very informative and also give you a new direction to "do" something because, the way things are, it's like you have to sit on your hands. But know that a lot of revision surgeons will not see a TKR patient until a year has passed. Here are two docs I found in Idaho from the US News & World Report website top doctors:
Irvine, Gregory, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
McCall, ID
McCall Memorial Hospital

McGee, Dennis, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Boise, ID
St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
High-performing in Orthopedics

Josephine made a good point, trying to aggressively rest that knee because tissues within that are inflamed or swollen can be causing the impingement you're feeling. I know a TKR patient who developed catching and by resting his knee it went away.
 
I forgot . . . I wanted to express my sympathy for your deluge of problems. That seems to be another pattern in a troubled TKR recovery. It was hands down the worst thing I ever went through, and other problems descended upon me as well. They say you're never given more than you can handle, but I never found that expression helpful. It's just so darned hard.
 
Thanks Maryo, I guess I was mad because he blew me off. If I had felt he had just a little bit of sympathy for my situation I would have been fine. He tried to get me to make my knee do the catching. I mean really I can't bicycle like actually being on a bike. It doesn't always catch either. Then he says well "you were not able to duplicate it", ugh! Well maybe you should come home with me and I will get it to do it, lol. Like you said it is a frustrating recovery. I have been resting it for seems like close to 2 weeks and it is worse. He said in his office I was about 110 and 5 extension. Last time I was in PT I was at 120 flexion and 2 extension. So I am getting a little worried because I appear to be going backwards. I am having an increase in swelling and stiffness despite doing little, elevating and icing more. But I am going to give it the 3 months but if it is not better by then I will see someone else.

Thanks for the referrals. I am in the northern panhandle so Boise Seattle is actually closer then Boise. I will look up that site and see who might be closer. :thankyou:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom