TKR On the other side of finally!

WOW Time does fly it's been a 8 months already since my TKR. I don't even think about it anymore. I had a follow up app. With my OS but had to postpone it because I put my lower back out. Now my knee is the healthiest part of my body. Who knew!
I tell everyone it was the best thing I ever did.
 
:wowspring:I'm very happy that your knee is doing so well. I'm sorry about your back. I've had the sane thing happen and a chiropractor has helped a lot with that.
 
I agree! It's been 7 months for me and I feel great. I'm back riding my road bike, just did 13 miles yesterday and 16 today. I don't even think about my new knee anymore and am soooo glad I got the operation. I still say going to Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC was the best think I could have done. Dr. Westrich and his team were great and I really think the orthopedic dr. can make a huge difference in the outcome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great report, @linney619! I had my rtkr on 1/19/16, so we were surgery buddies.
Great to hear from you and hope your back is feeling better!
Karen
 
So wonderful to hear how well you are all doing! It is liberating to have the knees replaced and healed, allowing us to live life better! I hope your back is better too @linney619. It took betting my lumbar fusion to really restore my health. Love walking through the local mountains now and it is almost 1 year since we hiked the 110 km. of the Camino de Compostela in Spain, 5 months after my fusion. Life is good and glad you are all enjoying it.

@Custardcup, so impressed with your riding. Getting on a bike is the one thing I have avoided as I am so fearful of falling - could be because of my multiple replacements! :dubious:
 
It is getting better every day, it's almost 10 months and I hardly think about my knee anymore. I saw my OS last week and I had new xrays he said my knee looked great.
My sister is having a TKR Oct 31 (Halloween) different Dr. and different hospital she is older than me hoping all goes well for her.
I can say it was the best thing I did, my knees still get stiff when I sit to long, but I can walk without pain. Its amazing!
 
I'm glad you are so pleased with your new knee.
Best wishes for your sister's surgery.
 
:yes!:Wonderful report! I hope your sister does well with her surgery. Perhaps will we see her here in our forum?
 
@linney619 I am so happy everything is going well for you!! I really am craving some Kelly's Roast Beef or Bianchi's pizza. I didn't get my trip back this year---really missed the beach.
 
Fantastic update @linney619! So glad all is well. Best wishes to your sister ... may she have as productive a response as you have had!
 
That's great you are doing so well. Forgotten about it already, eh? Way to go!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom