Guest viewing is limited

THR On day 5 after THR, I found you. This is rough - thankful you're here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing, maybe it's not so funny, about this recovery. Things that make you feel good when you're doing them or right after doing them seem to come back to haunt you like a day later. It's not like anything your body ever experienced before and our minds have trouble grasping it. Exercise feels good and the stiffness goes away but the pain that comes does it long after what we did so we don't think it's the exercise or stretching or work that did it because it made us feel good at the time.
 
I've heard it so many times - it takes a full year. I need to get that in my head. Especially when my husband says "here, grab that end of the couch so we can move it to the other room...". Um, I probably shouldn't be doing that?
PS - my best tip (and only one I have right now) is how amazing the elliptical has been for this.
WAY too early to move furniture or carry anything heavy @ncarlson. It is still very early for you as hard as that is to wrap your brain around. Patience (as hard as that is :bored: ) is what you need to work on.
P.S. Even though I could do some of those "move heavy items" stuff now, I find my replacements a good excuse to hire some fit young person to do it instead! :heehee:
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
In reading your latest update, you’re doing great. May it long continue.
I hope your Summer is a lovely one! :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
@ncarlson
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
Back
Top Bottom