THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you are tucked up warm in your lovely bed now...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks yes that's funny I really am tucked! Feel like I'm running a mild fever and sure enough I was. Is this normal?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
For quite a few days post op I had terrific hot sweats. I thought I had a temperature but did not...might be an idea to take your temperature anyway? Take care Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Actually running slight fever but docs orders say call immediately if over 101. So think I'm okay for now :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Update day 3 running mild fever yesterday but appears to be fine today. Leg feels much better today day 4. Very sore but doing well with movement. Even better today with sleep. I am taking my pain meds almost every six hours. That helps but makes me sleepy. Very true to sleep all that we can! I find that every time I sleep I wake feeling much better! Body repairing itself. I'm using walker to get around. Doing some pt but mostly just trying to move the leg! Life is good! I know how fortunate I am to have dh dd and ds around house right now to help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well off to a party tonight, post surgery day 4, with small group of close friends. Doing pretty good. Great taking a shower today. Woot woot! Good getting out tonight and hoping I'm asleep all night long tonight and will sleep right through husbands snoring! Ugh!!
 
@dkirk0530 Enjoy your holidays but please remember....even tho you may feel really good you are not healed by any stretch of the imagination. Take your time........you know the Bone Smart mantra, right? rest, ice, elevate, medicate! bless you and your family this holiday season. So happy you are on the " other side" . Take care....rest....enjoy X-Mas!!!:xmas-tree::xmas-merry::xmas-1::xmas candle::huggy santa:
 
Oh yes I'm relaxing, elevating, icing, and focusing on nothing but me. It's hard to sit and listen to my family whine and complain while I realize how much I normally do while all of them do not. Haha! Last time I had a rest like this was when I had my babies and that was almost 17 years ago. And that was no rest! Haha! Thanks for reminder that it's okay not to do! ;)
 
@dkirk0530 It sounds like you are doing GREAT! And, it sounds like you've got a good plan for returning to work and life. I'm 27 days ahead of you. I've had what I believe is a really easy recovery with no real set backs (some tired days after a day of doing too much but not much else). I return to work on Jan. 6th so you'll beat me back. I do expect to be fully ready to go though. Now, I can pretty much do all "daily duties" pretty easily. I still get tired sometimes, but many days I work at home and do PT without needing a nap. I still ice sometimes and do elevate at night which seems to keep my swelling to a minimum. I have not had much swelling either though. Know that you continue to feel stronger and more agile and sure footed each day. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
 
Eight days out and oh.. merry christmas.. today is 12/25/13. It's very strange not feeling well at the holiday, sitting instead of running around like a crazy person, but in a way, nice too. Less expected of me so I think I'll ride this out! I did make a pie today, I also cleaned the kitchen and even swept the floor.. small floor. Incision is still bugging but hey, I'm THRILLED I'm not in pain. Just sitting here thinking about the past two Christmases. I think sometimes people that do not have HIP issues think the pain is not that significant. Until you have a hip issue that is! I've had back pain, etc. but hip pain, it just stops you cold once you are in accute pain or even knowing that any second you migth move the wrong way and daggers will run up your leg. I've had good days and bad days but mostly I've had days since July, August, September of 2011..when all this mess started. I recall being in DC visiting my brother and he asked why I was limping. I didn't realize I was. Thanks bro for bringing that to my attention!! At that time I thought I had a pinched nerve in my back!! I was still walking 3 miles about 4 or 5 days a week.. me limp?? I used to take it for granted that I could take the laundry to the washing machine and not worry about hurting mid trip. I used to go the gym, jump on a treadmill and not even think about it.. I wonder, even today after this surgery if I'll ever be that carefree again. I hope so.. right now it seems possible and reading all the success stories on here, I think it might be. Wishing all a very Merry Christmas, this girls looking forward to putting up the tree NEXT year!
 
@dkirk0530 Glad your day went well....seems you did well for such a short time since op...only 8 days!! Wonderful. You are so right that hip pain is so significant before op ..it impacts on every aspect of life and your world gets smaller..and smaller. But please know that although the recovery at times
Seems slow there will be a time when you will be carefree again...I'm 10 weeks post op and almost..almost normal. Please take it slow..,you have the rest of your life with your new hip..........take care now...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@dkirk0530 - oh how do I know what you mean about wondering if ever one will get back to normal and what will normal be? I have the very same thoughts myself constantly watching which way I turn and how I put my leg down - will this ever change? I catch my breath at times and my beloved asks what's wrong - I say "I moved".

I cannot wait to have my new hip done and look at you - 8 days out and you are doing brilliantly - making a pie and sweeping the floor is a real triumph and I congratulate you on this. I am sure that it will continue to improve and a very Merry Christmas to you too!
 
@dkirk0530 - oh how do I know what you mean about wondering if ever one will get back to normal and what will normal be? I have the very same thoughts myself constantly watching which way I turn and how I put my leg down - will this ever change? I catch my breath at times and my beloved asks what's wrong - I say "I moved".

I cannot wait to have my new hip done and look at you - 8 days out and you are doing brilliantly - making a pie and sweeping the floor is a real triumph and I congratulate you on this. I am sure that it will continue to improve and a very Merry Christmas to you too!



So get the beloved saying what's wrong? I was telling my husband tonight that it has been hard to sit on the sideline for two plus years. He runs half marathons and I cannot walk but a block. Half the reason I think I'm on this site is to have folks to relate to. My healthy kids, daughter runs xc races . And son..goes to gym regularly.. Don't get it! We will get there! Keep me updated on your progress!
 
thank you so much @dkirk0530 - There are so many times when we need support and the things that others just do not understand is eye opening. I have my son and his girlfriend here at the moment and he is becoming frustrated and somewhat abusive (my take on his attitude anyhow). When confronted he said he hates to see me in pain - oh that is a great way to deal with it... sorry for venting.
So glad your husband and kids are doing so well and yeah - I just cannot get it either. I know what you are going through.... And of course we WILL get there and be stronger people for it.
Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing your updates and how well your going
Kindest regards to you and your family,
 
Hi there Bill @fulafoto - capture the following image and show it to your son - it puts it into perspective as to the complexity of a THR simply...

[Bonesmart.org] Okay so it's over!  12/17/13
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom