TKR Oh Baby feel the (k)need in me - the sequel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 days but who counts these things....:rotfl:

Sounds like the party was a "smashing" success - so lucky you all can walk home, hope no one ended in the water this time? That would be entirely sobering, I'm certain!

@dogwheels,
Hi Chris, I'm not sure which is the better achievement, the successful dinner party or pain free knees at the end of it. I'll congratulate you on both! :wowspring::flwrysmile:
Not the same thing at all, but I am quite proud of my family roast dinner for six today, six weeks after my newest knee. Of course my husband did a lot of it but at least he allowed me into the kitchen.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, xxx

Hey @ dogwheels. Not that I'm ever in the kitchen so much but I bought one of those soft soft mats to stand on. It feels great when I do go into that horrid room

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Hi all
Just thought some of you may like some kitten therapy - so here's an update on Louie. As you can see he is already computer savvy and enjoys playing on the iPad App for cats that daughter installed. He also has a penchant for warm washing straight from the dryer!
Daughter is being whisked away for Valentines weekend, so we will have a small visitor to take care of. I cant wait!

014.JPG
020.JPG
022.JPG
013.JPG
XXXXXXX

Hi @chestnc - lovely to hear from you. Kittens are just so loveable aren't they? This one has my daughter exactly where he wants her - she's only had him for 4 weeks and says the house is no longer hers - it's Louie's!

You will realise that I am not posting very much now. I don't have too much to contribute that is relevant really, so just drop in and out and have a quick browse to see what people are up to.
I'm happy to say I am just getting on with things now, and the knee doesn't get much consideration. It does what it should and most of the time I forget that it is a spare part. Thankfully, unlike some of our friends on here, my other knee has improved since the TKR and my Achilles treatment - so I hope that it will be a good long while before that needs a fix. Hopefully not at all!
How are you doing these days? Does the cold weather make your health problems worse? I was pleased to read that your roads had been cleared and the snow not as bad as anticipated. Where I live we tend not to get too heavy snowfall, although I love the way it looks when it comes down and settles, but it makes such a mess when it melts and the ice is treacherous.
Despite the cold, my early spring flowers are starting to come into bud , so things are growing and Spring is on the way.....

Take good care of yourself.

Love Chris XXX

What a spoilt kitten! He has really landed on his paws with your daughter. He is so gorgeous!
I'm so pleased that your knee is doing well, I look forward to that day. I've had a bit of a tough day today, and my new knee is now very swollen and even my year old knee is complaining, but it can't be helped. I'm icing and elevating all evening now. I must admit the glass of wine is helping as well.

Hi Lyn
So sorry you are hurting this evening - a busy day will take its toll and there's nothing you can do really except what you are doing right now - icing and elevating. (Whenever you write that, my immediate image of you is with you legs up the bedroom wall!) As you and I both know, it is frustrating but one of those things and all part of the knee journey. A bit of rest, a bit of ice and a bit of taking it slow tomorrow and you will live to fight another day. My knee was still doing the occasional surprise swelling up thing right into November last year - but now seems to take most of what I throw at it. Your #1 knee must be most indignant, thinking that this is its time to shine and be praised and pampered, not having to prop up its recovering twin, knee #2.

4 more pheasants have arrived today and are hanging in the garage - Louie would love to play with them. Hubby will do the business with them on Sunday. I think another dinner party will be needed to get rid of my pheasant laden freezer. I am going to have a go at making a Moroccan style pheasant tagine on Sunday, I think the flavours with apricots and dates will be yummy together. I have arranged to start shooting again in March - only clays though. However my pheasants have come from the same place!
Tomorrow we are taking a ride to look at some hot tubs. Yay! That will be my knee's reward for behaving itself this last year. I will try and curb my enthusiasm and not jump straight in for a test drive!

Hope you get a decent night's sleep. Dose yourself up and get the ice on - and hope it wont be too painful and feel much better in the morning.

Take care Lyn - talk soon

XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Your pheasant story brought back memories...when my daughter was two or three I took her to a village event that included a raffle. I bought her her own tickets, and yes she won, we went up to the table and she ignored the sweets, the toys, the bubble bath, and chose the brace of pheasants. She visited them in the garage every day, and stroked them, she knew I would cook them, yes, I had to pluck them first, and she really enjoyed the casserole I made from them, quite happy that she had provided dinner. We still laugh at that event.

Hi @dogwheels, (Chris from one Chris to another) always good to hear from you. Glad to see you pop in and out when you can. Yes I am truly a cat lover myself. The snow here has been a bit much. We just have to take one day at a time. Another storm coming on Monday.. "Carrie". Hopefully it pass by us without leaving much behind. Last storm on Tuesday various places received varied amounts. The prediction was 2 feet but the closest I believe was about a foot. It is so, so, cold tonight. Honestly with the wind blowing so fast and hard I can feel the cold straight through to both knees. Even though I am extra warmly dressed and am not outside for long. Can't wait for spring to come. Lucky you with your buds coming up. I have never had pheasant, but I am certain I would like it.
@Ellejay, also sorry to hear you are having trouble with both knees as well. Hope you are feeling better real soon. Both of you desire a big Happy Ankneeversary for making it through a year!!. Take good care of yourselves and have a blessed weekend. :loveshwr: :loveshwr:Christine

Hi @dogwheels Just stopping by and noticed it is your first anniversary . Wishing you a happy one how long this journey is and so good you are doing so well. I love the pictures of little Louie he is so cute. Reminds me of our kittens they have so much fun and funny to watch them play how easy they get tired so small. Everything is exciting to them even the tiniest things they enjoy playing with and I am sure that little Louie is so much fun to be with. I am sure while you are watching him for your daughter he will make you laugh they play so cute . He is lovely and your pictures were very nice to see thanks for posting them so cute. Hope your knee is having an easy time and you are not having any pain or stuff with your knee. All the best wishes for you Holly

@dogwheels. Hi Chris. Well I guess we made it over the first years hump! Everything here is good. Only complaint is shoulder . We are getting together a little birthday celebration for my moms 99th. Daughter flying in to surprise her. She'll be my gift to her.
Louie is undoubtably the cutest. Pic in laundry basket so cute with those pink pads
Hope you have fun kitten sitting. Keep in touch. Love susanne

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Chris

Just read your post on Ellejays thread about your mom. She definitely sound s depressed. The description you have of here saying that her "Joie de vivre" seems to has gone, it's almost a sure sign. I've laughed so many times at the comments she's made at her carers and life in general. She's a real character x x x x

I do hope that she gets well soon x

Love Ann x x x x

Hi Chris - sorry to hear your mom isn't feeling herself - I recall at the end of my marriage, all I wanted to do was immerse myself in fiction - their lives were much more interesting! Hopefully as spring rolls around she'll feel better - I always feel better in the sun. If you need to refill her book stash you might look for a series by Dorthy Gilman - Mrs Pollifax - it's about a widowed woman who reports to the CIA and apples to be a spy and accidentally gets chosen as a currior - it's not a farce despite that but it is a really good/fun crime series.

Sounds a fun book @TexasTee - I'll get it for her and see if it meets with her approval. Although she will remain devoted to Hercule Poirot forever I think.
When she first started becoming a book fanatic I thought she was fibbing. (This is the woman who doesn't read one bit of mail that drops through her door, just slits it open and leaves it for me to deal with when I visit). I was tempted to buy her 'Fifty Shades of Grey' just to see what she said about it, expecting ............ ' very nice dear' - but I was a little more charitable and soon realised that she was actually reading the books. Who knows, perhaps the shock of something racy would have helped her depression?! I have always told her if you don't use it you lose it - although then I was referring to her brain and mobility!!!!

Take care
XXX

Hello @lavender - lovely to hear from you. Hope all is going well and that second knee is beginning to behave and do as it is told! Just think it wont be too long before it will let you go to visit your park, and you will really be able to enjoy everything there, once the weather is better.

@susanne - hope your Mum's birthday celebrations are a big success and she thoroughly enjoys herself. She will love to see your daughter ........ as you will too! The photos you posted of the snow were amazing. Made me feel cold just looking at them. No wonder Kitty stayed put in the warm. I thought of you today, I was notified that I had a lottery win ............. but only about £3 - boo! - so the big reunion trip will have to wait until one of us works out how to get that jackpot!

Nighty night and take care of yourselves
XXX

Hi Chris. Family get together sad selling her Florida home. Of course she knows everything in there that she wants. Her day to day memory not so great had a little fall again just bkack and blue she's like an ox. But was telling us stories from the time she went to cuba with her dad and brother. Even remembered what outfit she had in straw hat white suit. She would wait for her dad to fall asleep so she could walk around boat and search out single sailors.
Another storm coming. Have to wait til 1 am for mayor to decide to close schools or not
This is kitties reaction
Feel good be safe pics of party to follow
ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1422848965.286745.jpg

Please don't wake me up to go to school. Too cold out!❤️❤️❄️❄️

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online