Hello all
This past week was very hard with having to work 10 hours the Friday before last and 10 hours last Monday which leaves me not much time to check in here...plus i was just not feeling well all week and my sugar addiction kicked in again and left me horribly sick from eating to much sweet stuff. I'm just today on Day 3 of no sugar and starting to feel somewhat human again.
Yes
@SusieShoes - I have been wondering if one can develop adhesions at a later date in their recovery and your response is helpful. Why I've been wondering is that on the days when I overdo by walking too much at work or maybe doing to many ADL's - for instance, last weekend I got on the bike for 10 min in the morning, did some here and there throughout the day, and then later took a 12 min walk.. I got stiffened up.. or another instance is this past Friday I had to go to the store after work and between work and the store, it was way too much walking for my knee and I ended up stiff & struggling with this knee most of all day yesterday and not as bendy today.
I know that we all have days where we have done too much and then have to spend a day to a couple of weeks or more recovering from that, so I just don't want to live in fear that overdoing now and again in doing my 'normal' living, or walking a bit too much is going to cause adhesions to form!
I read stories of people at my stage riding their bikes for 1/2 hour or walking for that long and I'm not even close to that point yet. When I attempt to do a bit more... the ole' knee swells and if I keep on, it swells to the point of pain. Heck I can't even get up and do ADL's without the swelling starting within 10 min of being up. I walk around most days here at the house and at work with my ice pad strapped to my knee - that's the only way I can do it!
So is this still normal for a person like me and my history of this knee recovery? And if I have a day when I do a bit too much, do I really need to worry about adheasions forming? To me that would seem silly since I'm not pushing into horrible pain at PT Sessions and when my swelling does start, I sit down or ice my knee. But I just want to make sure!
Not much else to report.. life is going on and on and on...
Blessings to all.
Christina