THR Ocean’s recovery story.

Today I go to the wound nurse at the hospital, I don’t know if it’s just to change the dressing or to have the sutures removed. I have another appointment with the wound nurse next week.

Things are going well I think, nothing major to report. It’s my birthday today so I will be eating lots of cake.
 
Happy Birthday! I hope it’s a good one. I wish you peace, happiness and good health in the year to come! :loveshwr:
@Ocean
 
Thank you all, I had a quiet and peaceful birthday.

I went to the wound nurse yesterday and he took the dressing off, all looked good. The stitches are dissolvable so now I have no dressing and can put E45 or Bio oil on the scar. I can shower now too :dancy:

The nurse said that the consultant surgeon was in clinic and he would go to see if he wanted to pop in and see me while I was there . The consultant was with a patient but asked me to wait and came in a few minutes later. He asked me if I was mobile and if I felt well then he looked at the incision noticing the bruising around my knee and he said that the bruising would probably go further down my leg. I appreciated that he took the time to come and see me.

I have my first physiotherapy appointment next Wednesday.
 
That glorious (a bit scary for me...... tiring and quick) first shower:happydance:
Glad you got to see the consultant and he let you know you may expect the bruising to travel so you don't get concerned.
Next birthday... you will be ready to dance.:dancy:
 
:hi: @Ocean
Two weeks with your new hip!
Hopefully you are gaining a bit of confidence and will soon be realizing that once you get through this surgical healing journey, you will be left with a strong, painfree hip.
Hope your Sunday is sweet.:flwrysmile:
 
USER=25103]@Mojo333[/USER], thank you, yes, two weeks, doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun…

I‘m pleased with how things are going, I’m just doing things around the house and I’ve been for a walk outside a couple of times. I have my husband, who has been unwell himself for the past few years, and my son, who is autistic with learning difficulties, and we are looking after each other. We have friends and neighbours on call should we need anything but our son isn’t keen on people coming in so we are managing by ourselves.

I already feel that my new hip is strong and it doesn’t feel as if it’s going to crumble at any moment like the old one. I’m just going with the flow and hoping for the best.
 
:heehee:
thank you, yes, two weeks, doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun…
:bored:
Yeah, ...seems slow - gets old fast!
I have my husband, who has been unwell himself for the past few years, and my son, who is autistic with learning difficulties, and we are looking after each other.
You are so positive and sweet... certainly tougher circumstances than most recovering hippies...taking care of one another through tough times is how we love! You will certainly be happy when you get further along this recovery path.

Keep the faith, friend.
 
I think you will be just fine Ocean. At two weeks, hoping the worst is behind.
I live alone but am blessed with neighbors and friends who help. My son and family are close but a busy family, both working. Nice to know they’re there.
best,
kathy
 
I‘m pleased with how things are going, I’m just doing things around the house and I’ve been for a walk outside a couple of times. I have my husband, who has been unwell himself for the past few years, and my son, who is autistic with learning difficulties, and we are looking after each other. We have friends and neighbours on call should we need anything but our son isn’t keen on people coming in so we are managing by ourselves.
Two weeks and you are doing things around the house and walking outside! You should be proud. Good luck with the physio. It sounds like you have things well under control. Happy belated birthday as well. Hope that cake tasted all the better with a new hip!
 
I’ve got my first physiotherapy session this afternoon. I hope he doesn’t expect me to do anything daft, I’m ready to play dumb and look at him blankly if necessary. I’m also keeping an open mind because I’m sure they mean well.

I injected the last blood thinning medication this morning then I’m on aspirin for three weeks. I feel strong and am getting around with one crutch, being very careful. My brother in law is a GP and keeps telling me to be careful, don’t fall, but it makes you a bit nervous too doesn’t it.
 
Happy Wednesday @Ocean
It does make a nervous to think about falling... I really had to be mindful as I am naturally clumsy... My mother said there was a reason she didn't name me Grace.:heehee:

It took me a bit to get my confidence in my new hip once I was healed a little more.

Not all physios are overly ambitions and the main thing is to let him/her know if something is causing you a lot of discomfort.
I would guess this first appointment will be more of an assessment.

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful.
 
Well, I didn’t get to physiotherapy yesterday. We were on our way but there was an accident ahead of us with ambulances and fire engines and we couldn’t get to the hospital, a very sad day for someone I think.

I rang the hospital and I have an appointment in two weeks time. In the mean time I’ll carry on as I have been with walking and pottering around the house.



I was really tired after being out even though I didn’t do anything so I slept when I got home.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom