Revision TKR Now what???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news Sandy! Certainly sounds like you found a great doctor that would listen to you. I am so happy for you!:xmasmore:
 
Sandy I am so happy to read that at last someone is really listening to you. Even though we Bonesmarties don't really 'know' each other I think it's true to say that we all think about each other quite a lot and really hope for a good outcome for everbody who is having problems!

Wishing you all the best and hope you finally get some answers!:xmasclap:
 
So very happy and relieved for you, Sandy! At long last, some good progress on the knee front. :yes 4:
 
:yes 4: Finally, someone who is listening to you! I am so happy for you and hopefully he'll be able to resolve your warranty issue on the knee. Good job, Sandy! :yay:
 
Well, I'm not sure which side I should be posting on because I'm headed back to the "other" side.
Date of Right knee revision is Feb 29th (guess its a leap year, that has to be a lucky day huh?).

Different hospital, Different Doctor.

Only worry is the big gun pain meds I'm on for my back and knee.

We still have not found the trick to the back, but if we can get the horrid pain out of my knee at least I'll be in less pain. (I hope).

Actually I have other worries, like how the staff will manage my pain, will the nurses be nice to me, etc. The usual stuff.

I obviously do not want to do this horrible painful surgery again, but I can't live with this useless painful knee anymore.
So do I stay on this side since I am post-op or should I go back to the pre-op side???
Relieved and frightened at the same time.
Going to attempt a cruise to the Caribbean next week to make up for the 2 vacations we had to cancel this summer because of my situation.

I have reasonable pain control (about a 4 if I take my pills on time), but my new Ortho would like me to try to drop the dose a bit.
So far, because of the 2 different things I have going on, I haven't managed to do that.
Will work with my Pain Doc, who is on vacation in Kuwait...?????(not my 1st choice for a vacation but I hope he has a good time), to try to do it.

Sorry for the rambling post but after 8 opinions, I finally have found one who is willing to at least open my knee to see what the heck is going on in there.
Have a great holiday season.
Sandy
 
Sounds like you are finally on the right track. My back has not bothered me since my TKA. Manage your pain and gave a great time on your cruise. You can rent a scooter to get around if something like that would suit you.:thumb:
 
So happy you are finally on the right track Sandy! Well done for sticking to your guns and getting the care you need.

Why don't you start a thread in the pre-op side so you can track your progress and we can keep up with your status. A new beginning!
 
Nah - stay here! Or where ever you want! Up to you really!

Honey, I really hope and pray this will be a solution to all your problems - or at least the knee related ones anyway. God bless you, honey ....

[Bonesmart.org] Now what???

​
 
I hope this is a big step towards getting through all the other issues. Good luck!!!
 
Sandy.....I'm just catching up with your thread after a little holiday time off from BoneSmart. I am so happy to hear this doctor is going in for a look.

You are having surgery on MY DATE!!! LEAP DAY is THE BEST for taking that LEAP OF FAITH and for LEAPING FORWARD to a new life. It was good for me and my wish is that it works for you too.
 
Thanks, Jamie,
I'll give a more detailed account of my vacation (much needed), BTW.
Off to yet another appointment.
Sandy
 
Well, just as I think, OK we are going to do this, I get a call from my The Brigham (where I go for the Pain Management) telling me that my company, through which I am insured, has changed insurance to one that the do not accept!!!

Seems, the new owners of the Physician corp, switched all the plans, making it VERY expensive to go out of the system (I had thoroughly exhausted my system Dr's, and flatly would not go back to my OS, who I would not let operate on my dog!!).

I was not notified of this, because I am out on medical leave and I am not hooked up with their intra-net. God forbid someone send me a snail mail with this info when I could actually do something like opt out!))

That being said, I would be a "self pay" though I have insurance, I would likely need a $6,000 deductable before they would pick up 65% of the costs, leaving me with $6K deductible and 35% of anything above that.

Needless to say, I lost it and went into catastrophe mode, lying on the living room floor and crying my eyes out.
To complete the scene, there was a dirty sock nearby which I used to wipe my face and blow my nose into...can you tell I freaked out???
Finally my older daughter brought me a CLEAN sock....We really do have tissues and paper towels, but it was easier to grab a clean sock from a nearby pile....
Well, thank goodness for Ativan- and a husband with a better hold on reality than me (I tend to catastrophize if you haven't already figured that out):th_heehee:
We are working it out and my care will not be interrupted but will cost more money (If I stay within the System it would cost...nada). Some things are worth more than nada.
Today I am better AND my daughter introduced me to Chanel makeup....
Will update
Sandy
 
Sandy,
I would be reacting the same way you did maybe not the dirty sock but pretty much the same. Thank goodness you weren't alone when you got that news. Insurance is extremely frustrating...let your husband take charge of the insurance and keep enjoying time with your daughter.
Thinking of you,
Greda
 
Dear Sandy

I profess to know nothing about the US medical insurance system but just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts. I really hope you soon get a resolution to your problems. It seems so wrong to me that amyone's need for proper healthcare should come down to the vagaries of insurance companies.:hissyfit:
 
What an absolute disgrace Sandy. At least you should have had a warning. I really don't blame you for loosing it - I would as well.

So glad you have family support through this. Take care Sandy. We at BS support you as well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom