TKR Now what have I gone and done?<

New PT yesterday, as I moved from non-funded to funded physiotherapy (long story, but all my own fault).

Essentially the same exercises, but some slightly new approaches to "active assistance." And getting to know each other's and what they mean, what the limits are, etc. Not overwhelmed this morning, but I do know I was at PT yesterday...

So ice is the first order of the day. Then easing into some morning exercise.

Patiently:heehee:
 
It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since I got my new knee. Saw the OS earlier this week. He was very pleased. He had some real concerns about the outcome, given how much old history (scar tissue, staples, etc.) he had to clear out of the way before he could even begin the knee replacement proper. It seems things are progressing even better than he had hoped for. Measured ROM (with no PT pulling on me at the time) was 0 - 125. Very happy. Guess all that stretching paid off!

Haven't used crutches, cane, or other aid in at least three weeks. Still some (not much) perceived patelar and medial compartment pain on occasion, but sooner or later I will realise there are no surfaces there anymore to get irritated. I'm to the point I forget to take my Tylenol/paracetamol now. From here, it's all about restoring strength to the leg (and maintaining ROM). And ideally get back closer to pre-injury condition. (Well that's a stretch - I was 18 at the time!) Still a long way to go on that count, but I'm making progress.

Not going to make any sweeping statements here - don't want to jinx what I've achieved so far. But I am (quietly) feeling optimistic.

Best to all for continued progress.
 
Congratulations @BadKneesTO You are getting to the "This is why I had this done" part of recovery. I was about 6 weeks post op when I began to notice less pain. I also noticed that the pain I did have was very different than my Pre-Op pain. You will start to notice that with every passing week you are able to do more, and think about your knee less.
Best of luck on your recovery!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom