Guest viewing is limited

Now it's the Hip

@BruceH, I saw one on Amazon that had very good reviews and some reviews were for Hip Replacement Surgery, I am considering it.
We have recliners already so hoping it will be want I will need. I spend a lot of time in it now with the heating pad, helps a lot. Pain seems to be a constant companion with this hip.
Have you tried sleeping on you good side with a pillow between your knees? Only way I can sleep for now.
The very best for you.

I toss and turn all night. Haven't tried a pillow between my legs yet but it will happen at some point. I'm seriously thinking about a good recliner for sleeping, I've also accepted the fact that I will wake with pain and sometimes I won't be able to sleep. As it is now I spend a whole lot of time on the couch during the day. I'm blessed that I can stay home and rest if needed.

I will try a heating pad next. Perhaps a cycle of heat, ice, and tens.
 
@MEPil sorry tylenol didnt help.Its just part of the program. We all are experimenting to see what works or combinations of meds, heat, etc work. I suffer big time in cars, mothing helps that.
@BruceH you are going through something that nearly every poster describes. I was tossing and turning like a pinwheel for weeks..check out everyones preop threads even older ones, may be some helpful suggestions.
 
@Steelmanpa, Tylenol is ok to a point but when the inflammation and pain is so constant, it's not enough. Riding in a car isn't easy for me either. My husband took me out to lunch and to Walmart yesterday and I paid up for it the rest of the day, recliner and heating pad. I really dread the week before surgery when we have to take just the Tylenol.
 
@BruceH, This hip pain, for me, has been worse than either of my knees were. Tossing and turning in bed, until that position is finally found is painful and exhausting. I am trying to read some of the posts, very helpful. I sure appreciate all the people who have helped me on here.
 
I saw one on Amazon that had very good reviews and some reviews were for Hip Replacement Surgery, I am considering it co

Hello and a Happy Monday to you!
I purchased the Lounge Doctor from Amazon. I gave it much consideration because it was more than I wanted to spend. I decided that I could continue to use it after recovery and may need my other Hip done someday. When I first received it, I laughed! Felt ripped off but quickly changed my mind. I still use it on ocassion and feel it was well worth the price for all of the use it's provided. I know @ceezee in recovery has one also and likes it, maybe she'll offer an opinion also. Ceezee's is nicer than mine, it seems they upgraded the cover, as it needed an upgrade.
I hope you have a nice week!
@MEPil
 
Hi! I’d definitely spend any additional money on the Lounge Doctor. I got the one with the zip off cover that has nonstick on the bottom and covers the entire thing. I’m 5’3” with fairly long legs and got the medium. It’s perfect.
Amazon product ASIN B07K44859W
It’s a godsend in reducing swelling and I religiously used it over the course of two hip replacement surgeries. It keeps your feet below your heart and cradles your calves so it’s very comfortable.
 
Ceezee's is better than mine. I got jipped. :bawl:I think she has a way better cover than mine, for the same price. Mine is like a piece of Jersey type fabric with elastic to slip off and on for washing. Ceezee's is upholstered looking with a non skid bottom. She has a photo of hers on her thread Post # 335. Her dog Ripple likes it too, lol.
Can't blame Ripple for liking it, she's no dummy. :puppysmooze:
 
@Layla, I will give this one consideration. It is a bit pricy but if it helps, probably worth it.
I do have a question about the Hip Abduction Pillows too that keep legs in line while you sleep on your back, also wondering if I may need one? Appreciate any advice.
 
@MEPil I have seen a picture, somewhere, maybe here, where a person just stacked a group of pillows, to recreate the slope of the Lounge Doctor, and some how attached them together. Not sure if it was huge basting stitches or with large quilter’s safety pins. I have a bunch of extra pillows and plan to try this.
 
@VSlowLife That may be what I try to do as well. On my appointment at my OS, I probably will ask him about it. I'm sure I'll have several questions for him, better start that list.
 
I went to my appointments with 18 questions, one set for the OS, one set for me to write on and a clipboard. The surgeon I chose had a 30 page packet on the process, typical questions and answers, when I decided to do surgery with him.
Good luck with your appointment!
 
I have a book that goes over both knee and hip replacement surgery, exercises for both before surgery, it was give to me last year at my knee replacement class before surgery. I go to class the 8th for hip replacement class and have been told to bring it. I hope some of these questions and answers come up then. If they don't, I'll ask them the 18 when I go for my appointment with my OS.
You were definitely ready for answers from your OS, good idea.
 
@Mojo333 that's our number one question we all have, will I be ok. We don't want to have to live in pain or disability. We want our life back. Right now it's hard to see normal can be our future, at least for me.
Today is not a good day a lot of pain and very tired. It's so hard to get anything accomplished around the house. I thought I slept very well but maybe not. Recliner and heating pad about half my day.
 
It is going to happen,:) :-) (: and I seriously hate that you still have some weeks but possibly after a few more weeks of whining after that...you are going to have a brand new hip and be So Glad you do.
Hugsxxxx, hang in there.:console2:
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom