Guest viewing is limited

TKR Not sure how to feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Micha, I was just reading some of the threads I haven't visited before. Something you said caught my attention and I wonder if you would elaborate. You said the bubble prob was just something you'd have to live with. That it was a weak area where fluid gathered. I have some swelling just below the knee. Its not hot or painful, but its a bit worrying. I wondered if its similar to what you've called your bubble prob? Thanks. Pat99
 
@patient99 Hi Pat - ya I have a little "bubble" on the left side of my knee-it doesn't hurt but it swells when I exercise or walk a lot. My OS told me that your knee is like a big bubble and this spot for me is the weak part of the bubble. He could drain it and probably would get liquid out but he said it will just fill up again. I'm not too concerned because it's more that it looks ugly to me but it really does not bother me and it clearly did not bother my doctor. I hope this helps you a little - but you could also have a check up with your OS - he may feel differently. Good luck!
 
Micha I have a similar spot that swells on my Ltkr too with lots of activity and walking. Mine doesnt hurt either, it just swells there when I have been more active. But mine is on the right side of the left knee, right where they use to inject the cortisone. Before surgery I use to have lots of swelling on top of the knee, but that part is fine now. Hugs!
 
Micha, thanks. My `bubble' is just below the knee, so will discuss it with OS just to be on the safe side.Pat99
 
Just saying hi! Things are going well - knee seems better and better. I'm riding a lot and that makes it sore but sore is appropriate! Everything gets sore! :heehee: I am coming up on my one year and feel like maybe I'm ending my recovery. Nice! :happydance:
 
Micha, Congratulations on your upcoming one year anniversary! It's great to hear that you are doing so well, and you're right about one thing, everything gets sore depending on what we do, however we don't have to worry about that bone on bone pain, which is a relief! Celebrate hardy and party kiddo!
 
The best part about my recovery year is that it is behind me. So glad you are feeling good about things.
 
Well, today it is official! One year and I feel good! I ride, hike, walk, and swim with very little problems and no pain! I plan to ski this winter and every season I just feel so thankful when I can do the things I love doing. So here's to another season with a quirky, but very workable knee! I appreciate all of your support. I remember when it was so hard and you were all there with empathy, sympathy, and lots of advice that really helped me. Thank you bonesmarties - this is the BEST site! Hugs to all! :friends:
 
Yep I think we will have to live with wierd little things after our knee replacements, but it is better than it was, thats for sure! Hugs!
 
Great report! True testimony that persistence pays off!

Keep up the good work and enjoy life, you earned it!

Be well,

Dawn
 
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:Congratulations Micha! :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:​
​
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, :egypdance:HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,:happydance: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, :yay:HAAAAAAAPPY ANNIVERSARY-ARYYY!:dancy:​
I just came across your thread and read about your struggles in the beginning. Isn't it amazing how time heals! What a difference a year makes. All I keep saying is... ONE YEAR FROM NOW. :beg:I'm nowhere near that, in fact I've just started all over again with my other knee. :groan: THANK GOD I only have 2! :yes!: ​
However, I have seen improvement in my first knee, so i'll take that for now. :egypdance:​
​
Mary your comment below is right on point for abstract advisors and all their opinions. I'll remember this analogy the next time I come across a clueless well-wisher, or know-it-all Gym Rat. :hissy:​
​
You can exercise smart to run a marathon, win at tennis, ride 60 miles, etc. But total knee replacement recovery is not a fitness issue. If you got into an auto wreck, would you get out jogging the next day to get better? Your soft tissues got cut, manipulated and re-sewn. Oh my, it's healing time, and we all have our own rate which is determined not by the ortho or PT or ourselves but OUR KNEE.
​
 
Hi Micha. Just catching up with your thread. CONGRATULATIONS on your year anniversary. So pleased you are doing well. It's been a long old year with lots of ups and downs but we've both managed our first year post op. If you lived nearer we could celebrate with a glass or two. Nice speaking to you. I'm always here for you. Take care. Sending hugs :martini: :friends:
 
:ereindeer::mer xm::ereindeer:MICHA TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. HERES HOPING 2014 WILL BE A HAPPY HEALTHY YEAR FOR YOU TOO. LOTS OF HUGS X X X X X
 
One year and I feel good! I ride, hike, walk, and swim with very little problems and no pain!
That is a great report! It is wonderful that you took the time to report this, as many of our members may be struggling with issues and wondering if they will ever enjoy life again! There is indeed hope, and you have given that to many!
 
1-1/2 yrs for my R knee, 6 mos. for my L. All I can say is to echo your sentiments that it was all worth it. Is there still morning stiffness and "winter soreness?" Sure. But if I'd only known before my TKRs how great it'd feel to walk and stand for long periods (my feet & back are the only parts that hurt) and how much less onerous exercise would be, I doubt I'd have waited so long to get the surgeries done.
 
All I can say is to echo your sentiments that it was all worth it.
Again, thank you very much for the great report! Again, it is important for those wallowing in the early days---as well as even in those frustrating later days---to read of the successes that you have achieved and how great your life is now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom