Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

I am feeling some repercussions about my weekend trip today, but not as bad as it could be. When I got up, my knee was warmer than normal and tight. Which I take to mean it's swollen a little inside. I'm taking it easy today, just doing a couple loads of laundry while I ice. I'm still glad I did the trip and look forward to getting the truck fixed so we can go camping in Oct!
 
Camping! Woot!!!

I'm glad you can pamper your knee a little today. Your trip sounded wonderful.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
Glad your trip was so fun. Hope you rest up today, and don't have to pay too high a price.
 
I love to get back to nature and listen to the birds sing and smell God's natural perfumes. Of course, minus a skunk, that is! :eeeuw:. Camping is so relaxing. Why is it that cooking dinner outside for an hour and eating it there is so much better than a quick microwave meal? Obvious! And the smell of a campfire! Sitting around that fire at night with a warm jacket and singing! Oh, so peaceful! I want to go right now sore or not!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great to me! I look forward to cool weather and camping. I love campfires! Like you I overdid a little this weekend. We drove to a spring where I swam and jumped off the platform into the boil. On the way home we had BBQ which did not sit well with me. Today I will join you in a day of R and R. I am now icing BOTH knees since I noticed the other knee is more swollen than Lady Mary.
 
It's funny how jealous the old knee can get of the attention the new one is getting!
 
Hi Paula,

That's great that you were able to go to the mountains for some R&R! You're doing incredibly well. You're inspiring me to take a stab at walking some trails around in my area. :-)

Kelly
 
When my kids were little we went camping. In tents. One day we were late arriving so we bought a big can of beef stew to heat over the campfire. I recall that we thought it was the best food we'd ever eaten. And we never ate that at home. And let's not forget the smell of bacon over a fire in the cold morning!
But that was then. Now I stay in motels.
 
Oh yes, that bacon frying! We use turkey bacon and it's just as good once you learn how to cook it. And fried potatoes...yum yum!

I slept on my side last night without a pillow between my knees! Another baby step! I haven't had to ice all day, either. I have put up the ice machines in my closet and will use the gel packs if need be. I can always go back to them if I have a really bad day or night. It looks so good to not have it in my den!
 
I can smell your camp turkey bacon & fried potatoes in my mind Paula-!! How do you cook your turkey bacon if you don't mind my asking? = )
 
You have to cook it very slowly. It will burn quickly. And the best thing about it is, it's only 25 calories a piece! That's got regular bacon beat all to pieces, not to mention the health issues with pork bacon and nitrates.
 
Well, My Brat rebelled last night from the no ice day yesterday. I pulled out the ole ice water circulater and am setting it up again. I've been up since about 3:45am because of my knee and my 20 year old that wants to yowl half the time, so naps have to be in my plans for today. The only real different thing I did yesterday besides the no icing was a church planning meeting last night, so I don't know what riled My Brat up. We have church again tonight, so I have to get some more sleep! Who would have thought that not icing would make my knee hurt that night? Now, I do. But, there is great news, while I was reading this morning in bed I had my knees bent up and realized my baby was almost even with the old knee. I went and got my measurer and it's 130* bend! Unfortunately, it's again a +5* extension. So for some reason my straightening has gone back to what I had a month or so ago. I'm not worried if I was at 0* once it'll do it again! There has to be swelling in there that affecting it in that way instead of the bend. It doesn't appear anymore swollen than normal on the outside so it has to be on the inside.
 
Ughh so sorry Paula. I wonder if this is still backlash from the weekend outing excursion. I hope you get it under control quickly.

But great news on the amazing bend #! I dont think my knees ever bent that far back.

You are STILL a Bonesmart Rock Star!
 
Paula, it's funny how the ROM comes and goes, but 130 is awesome! I hope The Brat calms down quickly when you get the ice going again. These knees are SO fussy :tantrum:
Tabby xxx
 
@dianehelen, I agree that it might be the after effects of this past weekend and not icing allowed the inflammation take hold of it again. I'll keep up the icing today and tonight before bed. Tomorrow should be a much better day. @Tabbycat, the knee is still in control and a little thing can flare it up. We must tread softly! These knees are such temperamental things.
I was so thrilled to find out my ROM! I had been a few weeks since I measured it and I hadn't even noticed it had improved. Now, to get that swelling down so the extension will came back down.
 
That is amazing ROM!! Wow.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
It's so interesting, to hear how other people's knees are affected by such things as our PT, our icing, our elevation. I'm glad you said that about the ice, because I've been not doing it as much lately. Sometimes during my rest breaks I just lie and elevate, but I think I will be more diligent about the ice for another couple weeks. Thanks for the guidance!
 
@greatlakes, you are very welcome! I have had so much help from others and I'm glad I can be a help to someone else. We all care about each other and know what it's like to go through this. And I'm icing right now even after 3 1/2 months. It really helps to relieve pain!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, I just got back from golf and plan to ice and elevate! There is never a bad side effect from icing and elevating. You can't go wrong and it feels so good.
 
Back
Top Bottom