MUA No faith

Thanks.

I asked Dr if the knee he used on me is used on people with metal allergies. Its ceramic coated. I asked him the implant name but he never told me.

I'm so frustrated right now. I'm done going back to him or anyone I've been to another surgeon and basically he says same thing original surgeon says :(

I'm so depressed right now I can't even think about living like this for another 20 year's.

What have I done

Call his PA and demand to know the make and model of your implant. It's in your body and you have a right to know! I'd be wondering why he didn't tell you the name of it. :what::scratch:

I asked but we got discussing other stuff and I forgot to ask again I haven't seen him since to ask again.

Is knowing the kind of implant really going to tell me why my knee stays stiff and swollen? I guess I'm so tired of asking and asking its been almost 16 months I'm mentally beat down

Is knowing the kind of implant really going to tell me why my knee stays stiff and swollen?
No it won't. Besides, you were told it was ceramic coated. That's a Zirconium knee, designed specifically for people with metal allergies.

I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?

Yes go ahead I'm so frustrated just because EVERY test has come back good it doesn't mean I'm NOT having an issue with my knees am I right to think this?

This is my right knee, the one that gives me the most issues with swelling and pain. He took another one a few months ago and the tibial part on the far right is showing a void that wasn't there clearly in this photograph so I'm confused why it's there now and it's in EXACTLY the place I have the sharp pain too... any ideas

wavin2ya.jpg

Wavin, I don't see any void. Can you be more specific?

Here y'go then! But I'm going to make this complicated!

I need to to first answer all the questions for the first couple of months after your knee surgery and then again for now. Please don't put two answers in each question. I really don't have time to sort them out.
So answer
1. questions 1-8 about Oct-Nov 2017
2. questions 1-8 about now

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
ai63.tinypic.com_eta39s.jpg

4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

No void in this xray its one I had done right after replacement! I don't have pictures of new xray

1-8 for right after surgery in January 2017-
1) pain was a 10 for the first 14 days I was on EVERY painkiller but only thing that worked was lyrica 75mg and finally found oxycodone 10mg took the edge off
2) I took lyrica 75mg twice daily for 3 month's and 10mg of oxy EVERY 4 hours
(I can't take NASIDS due to serious kidney and stomach issues) was suppose to supplement with Advil a few times a day
3) after surgery it was moderate to normal up till I had manipulation in July 2017 then it went to moderate some days more swollen but not huge.
4) not sure on extension it was never flat but forgot numbers but flexion max the day I left hospital was 100 never seen 100 again stayed at 95 with aggressive PT / then pool therapy
5) iced with cryocuff Dr gave me 10-15 times a day if I was elevated I was iced.
6)6-8 hours a day even in bed
7) I was doing all my household chores within 2 weeks and back to work at 4 I needed the money so was forced to go back even though I wasn't read.

***BELOW I put 4 and 5 in different order just so you know I messed up and forgot one.***

1) pain still 5-7 some day's mostly on days I work.
2)oxy 5mg as needed Tylenol arthritis 600mg x 4 in am and 2 600s at night and I save oxy for the 3 day's a week that I work
3) its between moderate and huge with
large bakers cysts on back of knee
5) I can't ice my leg jerks and acts very odd to ice anymore I use compression if swelling bothers me now
4) between 95-100 never more excerpt right after manipulation I got 110
Not sure of straightening but still can't get it fully locked nor straight
6) after work nightly and in bed maybe 3 hours a day
7) I still do it all I can't drive my car anymore cause it's to low and I can no longer Do stairs if I walk to much I get horrible cramping inside my knee cavity till I put compression on it! No uneven ground without walking sticks can't stand for more than 30 minutes without sitting my right leg has no strength I can't even pick it up off the floor most days without help.

By the time my day is over I'm not into using my exercise machine's I have ,I do swim a couple times a week as I can afford it.. I did PT but swelling was awful so the Dr removed me from it and sent me to the pool
That's about it

Last edited:
1-8 for right after surgery in January 2017-
1) pain was a 10 for the first 14 days I was on EVERY painkiller but only thing that worked was lyrica 75mg and finally found oxycodone 10mg took the edge off.
1) pain still on some days is a 4-5
Taking oxy 5mg as needed
Wavin, I don't understand this. At the top you've put a date and then every question has two answers.
I specifically asked you "Please don't put two answers in each question. I really don't have time to sort them out" and since there is only one date, I have no idea which answers apply to what dates.

Please post them again

Thank you - that would be most appreciated

This number is at max for C-reactive should I be worried and the rest is my blood history and the second opinion told me blood history is SUPER important when your having a hard time figuring out someone with a tuff diagnosis?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180601-052729.png
    Screenshot_20180601-052729.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 184
This number seems low any ideas? My red blood cells are low along with hemoglobin I believe it said...I can get all the blood history if anyone wants to help me figure it out what these numbers could mean cause I my research numbers don't have to be above or below the good ranges for it to be pointing at an issue...He also tested me for Lupus still waiting on that!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180601-052815.png
    Screenshot_20180601-052815.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 202
Swollen pretty good today barely done anything!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1527902888504.jpg
    FB_IMG_1527902888504.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 158
What is a cruciate-retaining prosthesis trial? I didn't agree to a trial of any kind and it's the one giving me serious issues..my left knee is a genesis it's stiff cause it's over worked by the right knee that's NEVER been good. I had huge amount of arthrofibrosis and he did MUA while he cleaned up my right knee all July 24th 2018... I wonder if I need to dig deeper on this cruciate thing any ideas?

It's not a trial. It's a tried and trusted method of knee replacement, in which you retain your own internal knee ligaments. He was hoping that would be appropriate for you.

The other type of knee replacement hardware takes the place of your internal knee ligaments, which are removed during the surgery.

This article explains, complete with illustrations:
Knee replacement surgery types and suggested videos

I've had nothing but issues with that knee the genesis knee is WAY BETTER...Thank you for explaining cause in my medical records is says trial must've been a typo

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lizardtails
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom