THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

This is why we recommend avoiding Dr. Google!

You are now more than three months post-op, @Nini, so it's probably safe to do this. If you are anxious about putting your leg int he wrong position, do it sitting down. I used a shower stool the first few times I shaved and felt much more secure than standing on one leg!

Just go slowly -- no quick movements -- and listen to your body. :ok:

@benne68 I agree with the Dr Google comment. Actually I read the same thing here about the shaving. I will try it sitting down. (I’ve read about many dislocations here also). I try to do my best keeping everything straight. Thanks for your quick response!

@Nini I tried to tag you yesterday about this. We have a built in seat in our shower (tile is cold though!) but I bought a ‘giraffe extended razor handle’ on Amazon and found it useful :)

A you tube suggested purchasing an extension
They used to sell a razor called Giraffe, I believe. Another option I've read of here was taping a disposable razor to a paint stick. :heehee: I never tried it personally, but I guess it works.
The joys of womanhood.

I sure hope this is just an over did it day from yesterday. I’m in so much burning pain. I walked down the road yesterday but I didn’t think too far. and then probably did too many stairs. Why is it when you think you are healed you aren’t??

@InkedMarie oh my! I just read your post about the lady dislocating her her hip by shaving her legs. Shaving legs is my next hurdle and I’m terrified of a dislocation! How do you shave your
Non operated leg without having operated leg behind? Thank you!
It’s been almost 10yr since hip replacement #2 and I still hear my doctors voice in my head, every time I shave my legs!

Marie

@Nini I just went through a broken ankle recovery that left me unable to get in and out of my shower (couldn’t clear the tub). I used a foot wash basin to clean my lower body and shave my legs.

I never got that restriction with my hip replacements, though! Thank goodness I didn’t have any dislocations. Ugh.

@MissFanny thank you for your response! I hope your ankle is well on the mend! I came home with my new hip done posterior with no restrictions. But that does mean I have not been very cautious.

Thank you! 4 months since surgery and all healed up! Though I do still swell if I don’t wear compression socks. That lingers for up to a year. Not sure what I am going to wear this summer with knee high compression socks. Ugh.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Becky56
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom