TKR Nightowlblues recovery musings

@nightowlblues One month out of surgery can be a tough time. The brain says "go" and the body says "not yet". Hang in there! Better days are coming. And yes, next year you will be baking up a storm!

Some people have found that they can place their foot on the wall to aid in elevating. You might be able to try that. Getting that swelling down is a big part of your healing and being unable to is a bummer. At least you can ice to help diminish the inflammation.

i’m feeling kind of blah because i usually do all the holiday baking for my family and i know that’s not happening this year. i knew this going in of course but as the time grows nearer it’s making me melancholy.
In a months time you may be comfortable doing a little of this. It doesn't have to be on a grand scale this year, maybe just as much as you're comfortable with might be a mood booster for you. You are making progress and it's only been one month for, Lefty, and four months for, Righty. That's a lot to recover from. I'd say you're doing well! Happy Saturday!

Some people have found that they can place their foot on the wall to aid in elevating. You might be able to try that. Getting that swelling down is a big part of your healing and being unable to is a bummer. At least you can ice to help diminish the inflammation.
i’ll try this, and try to find some creative ways to elevate. anything would be better than i’m doing now. thanks.

i’m feeling kind of blah because i usually do all the holiday baking for my family and i know that’s not happening this year. i knew this going in of course but as the time grows nearer it’s making me melancholy.
In a months time you may be comfortable doing a little of this. It doesn't have to be on a grand scale this year, maybe just as much as you're comfortable with might be a mood booster for you.
i was thinking this myself. my son is vegan so i was thinking maybe i could just make his one vegan apple pie. the others can be purchased easily but vegan bakery is so so expensive. this will be my goal to try to achieve. thanks layla :loveshwr:

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Are you gearing up for the hustle and bustle of the holidays?
It's feeling busy out there already. I say already...as I remind myself we're only three weeks away from Christmas and I've barely made a dent in my shopping! I hope you had a nice weekend and enjoy the week to come! :wave:
@nightowlblues

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Pbrunmier
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom