Guest viewing is limited

TKR new tkr

Status
Not open for further replies.
:running::biking::swim::swim::swim:so thought I would update on how things are going. been to the pool to do some exercises and I have to say its nice being in the water but my knee feels really heavy not painful but definitely not a normal feeling, hopefully over time I will either get use to it or it will go
been on the bike a few times and getting close to a full rotation fingers crossed it will happen soon. things are getting easier I can now get on the stools by my breakfast bar and to start with I could only get on from the right side but today I got on normally yay (it really is small improvements)
I am still icing and elevating but it is now not constant, normal life is taking over I can do the shopping with my hubby I have been to the hairdressers and I was so worried about leaning back into the basin and being able to keep my feet on the ground as my legs are very short but I did it
I am even going to the local country show next weekend and entering the flower arranging competition
all I want from my knee is to be pain free I want to walk I want to ride my bike and I want to swim
happy recovery everyone
Val
 
You really are moving along in your recovery - congrats! Same thing happened to me in the pool - my knee felt like it gained weight all by itself! I could still bend it, etc but it felt really weird. I thought maybe it was cuz I was in a cool pool, not a therapeutic pool. Small steps is what it takes to get back to what we called normal before our surgeries.
 
Excellent news, @vallee !

Congratulations on your new milestones ... it won't be long before all this is behind you and you find yourself feeling 100% once again :yahoo:
 
Sounds like pretty soon you'll be getting those full rotations. It may take several days of being a hair away and then suddenly it will come. :)
 
:biking:hello all been a couple of weeks since last update as got a bit disheartened last week as ROM went down. so today ROM is up a bit but nothing major but I did a whole rotation on the bike. this is a big deal for me even though I am now nearly 9 weeks from op super chuffed
also I have noticed everything is slowly becoming easier not such an effort, did some floral arrangements at the weekend for a local show which took most of a day and managed quite well extremely tired after but that's ok. even seem to be losing the hobbly limp I have
good times and happy recovery everyone
 
That's great! Those are great signs of healing.
 
:old:so here I am a day short of 10 weeks and all is good saw my surgeon today and we have now booked my right knee in for 4th Dec and I will be pleased to get it done
went to a family wedding at the weekend and all was well took one crutch and I did use it but really more for crowd control to stop people bumping into me they give you a wider berth with a crutch I hand
 
Bravo!!!! What a wonderful report. Soon you'll be sporting TWO new knees (and maybe dancing a little jig at your next wedding!).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom