Guest viewing is limited

THR New Hip Replaced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's time to get back on the morphine. Having more stinging nerve pain with just taking percoset and toradol. PT gets easier every time.
 
Tried laying down and opening my op hip all the way to the side. I can get my leg down much farther than I have been able to in a long time! YAY! I thought there would be more stiffness in the groin area, but I guess not having OA anymore makes a big difference. So happy. :)
 
Tried laying down and opening my op hip all the way to the side.
Be very careful doing this so early out @annnew2017 . You may not have any restrictions but rotation such as you are describing is probably best left until after your first followup visit with your surgeon.
 
External rotation was the most difficult thing for me pre op. I am actually scared to try it even a little bit. When is this likely to be possible @Jaycey?
 
@annew2017 Great to hear you are on the right track. Remember oceans of patience. And remember to make the best out of it - read good books, have visitors that bring the cake and cook the coffee etc. and rest rest rest
 
External rotation was the most difficult thing for me pre op. I am actually scared to try it even a little bit. When is this likely to be possible
Were you on any restrictions? If you are released from any restrictions by your surgeon you should be able to go about living life as normal. Talk to your surgeon's office if you are worried.
 
I was wondering why you had general anesthesia and a spinal block? Did they do it the old way or the new way so that no muscles are cut?
Sounds like you doing better, hope it stays that way for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hello @annnew2017
I'm just one day ahead of you, as I had my THR on the first day in March, 2017. So I'm pleased to get to know/chat with someone who is healing about the same time frame as myself ! Sounds like you had very little pain the first few days, but on day 10 you said,
time to get back on the morphine.
Sure hope that pain sorts itself out soon. Are you going to P.T. ? Or just doing in home exercises on your own ?

My regards to you to Keep up the positive recovery that you're doing !

I've written "my saga/story" in this site a few days ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom