Hip Resurfacing New hip on September 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jolly good! Just don't let them start you in any boot camp! Remember, nice and easy does it!
 
Hi all, well seen a different pt yesterday. Same office. In my opinion she's the best one in this place.told me she could still see a slight limp while walking on the treadmill. She had me do a couple different things that made me walk correctly. Set up a couple pylons and had me walk a figure 8 and a circle around them so I wouldn't just twist on my op leg to turn.wanted me to take more steps while turning so not to hurt the hip.I like this pt better, she makes you think about how you do things where the others just had you do things. She thinks the dr. Just might lift my restrictions when I see him on Thursday. Gosh I hope so.
have a great week everyone.

Dan
 
Bout forgot today marks 7 weeks. And feeling good. Still don't have my endurance back but I'll get there one day at a time.
 
Hi all,
Had my appt with my dr. He lifted all my restrictions except for no impact. At least till I see him again in 6 weeks. Got 3 more visits with my pt and doc said he thinks that should be enough. Guess the rest is up to me. Shouldn't be too hard since I'm allowed to start training in kenpo again.went to visit the school last night and was told the kids have been asking where i've been. Nice to be missed. This will probably be my last update for a while. Think i hang around and support the newbies though.this forum has helped me so much its only fair I stick around and support the others.
Thanks everyone for all the info, concern and encouragement.
Dan
 
Hi, latest update. Had my last pt session yesterday. He agreed with the doc.said i'd reached all the goals he set for me and more.some of my measurements were better than the good leg.lol. life seems to be looking up. Got the rentals, rented. been getting things fixed around the main house. And looking forward to the holidays. Gonna be a long 4 weeks till I have to go back to work. Guess I better get on the rehab.
do have a question though @Josephine : is it normal after you sit for a bit, when you get up to walk the hip is stiff and takes a few steps to loosen back up. And it only happens in the evenings. My pt thinks it is just that the body hasn't gotten used to the new hip and it will get better with time. Have no other problems, everything else is
great.
thanks for any info.
have a great day.
Dan
 
Dan

Hey it all sounds good. I too am a little stiff when standing...takes a few steps to work it out. I still am working on gait wherein I can walk for more than an hour without being sore I the lower back. I get a great workout from the pool which I do 3 times a week and I do my Physio exercises twice a day. Do feel like one leg is a tad not longer...I do but that is why I walk slowly and keep stretching....my glut is still tight but I gave myself 3 months to be ready for training in January.

Take care.....off the get those a Christmas decorations up from the basement and outside.

Cheryl
 
Hello @dubld1 ! congrats on a great recovery! i am new here--wanted to pop in and say hello!!!:hi: been trying to catch up on everyone since i just joined the other day! im scheduled for left THR Dec. 8th! so looking forward to no more pain! im scared but excited at the same time! LOL take care of yourself and keep up the good work!:dancy:
 
is it normal after you sit for a bit, when you get up to walk the hip is stiff and takes a few steps to loosen back up. And it only happens in the evenings. My pt thinks it is just that the body hasn't gotten used to the new hip and it will get better with time.
I love these PTs! When they don't know something, they just say whatever comes into their dear little heads!

a) yes it 's normal - you're only 8 weeks out so pretty early in the recovery stakes
b) it's just swelling and stiffness which are all forms of pain!
c) it's also normal it only happens in the evening as your hip has had a day of activity to make it sore!

If it's a bother, take a couple of Tylenol (1,000mg of course!)
 
@CanukTriMom, careful getting those christmas decorations.wow, thats a tough act to follow but i'd like to try.my goal is to get back in the shape before my bad hip took control. I know i'll never get back to where I was completely but a guy can dream. Oh and for the lower back, reach around with both hands, elbows pointed down. Make fists and using the top knuckle on the backside of thumbs. Rub both sides of your spine in a circular motion. This should help get rid of the pain.

@theweezyone , thanks. A little advice that helped me. Go onto Google and type in exercises for hip replacements.It'll show you some exercises.I picked about 5 of them I could do and did them every night when I went to bed. I credit this for helping my recovery. Good luck

Dan
 
@Josephine, thanks. I was hoping you'd say that. I appreciate your help and advice more than you'll ever know.
Happy holidays.
Dan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom