THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

Wonderful news @otisbeagle Glad resting for a bit has brought you back to almost 100%. I’ve been watching your thread as I got injured recently. Looking for hopeful stories of healing after a set back. Hope you are back to exercising soon and enjoying your new hip. Best of luck to you.
 
@Josephine, thanks for the article on Murray! I’ve been following his hip woes over the last few years, and I’m so happy that the fourth member of the “Big 4” will be back (though I am a rabid Rafa Nadal fan!). What fun watching him team up with Serena at Wimbledon this year!! He seems like a lovely guy, and I appreciate how supportive he’s been of the WTA. Could he be an honorary bone smart graduate perhaps??

@Fit4Family Sorry to hear you are injured. It’s so hard to remain patient amidst setbacks (at least, it is for me!!). My mind always jumps to the worst case scenario. I’m probably 90% or more healed, but it’s taken some time. When my shoulder was bothering me recently (muscular), it took something like 6 months to heal. But I was less paranoid about that, because I hadn’t just had a major shoulder surgery. With a new hip, I’m always worried I’ll be one of the unlucky few to require revision, etc... But I should probably learn to trust my body to heal on its own. It’s been an efficient machine for 43 years, and it can handle most things on its own—as long as I don’t interfere with it!! Much luck, Fit4Family!
 
Hi @otisbeagle Thank you for your encouragement. So sorry about your shoulder. Glad it’s coming around. Yes, I have to constantly remind myself not to jump to worst case scenario. Two surgeries already on same hip, so keeping fingers crossed my body can sort it out with lots of time and rest. Best of luck to you on your healing journey. Take care.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom