Guest viewing is limited

New here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small world indeed Poppet!

I was wondering if anyone knew when I should start taking the arnica tablets I bought? I also got vit c/iron combo ones and I have started taking them already - need to get some orange juice to combat the iron effects!
 
Well, it's tomorrow! I can't believe it! Eeek! This time tomorrow I will have been at the hospital an hour. It's 70 miles away and I have to be there at 7am. I am not used to getting up that early, and not used to having coffee. Poor husband will have to drive me at that time when I have had no coffee ;-)
 
jellybean Best wishes to you tomorrow and we'll see you on the other side. Post there when you are up to it and let us know how you are doing.
 
Best wishes for tomorrow, let us know how you are when you can, we'll be looking for your new thread on the other side!! :)
 
Have a great surgery day tomorrow. I will miss my morning coffee too
 
Thanks everyone! nervous now! Not sure I will sleep!
 
Hey Jellybean... I'm 43 and had a right total hip replacement (anterior approach) on April 3....Wednesday will be 4 weeks post op. I, too, have heard I'm too young for this, etc...but I was not too young to inherit arthritis so bad I was limping! Anyways, the journey is very individual and you will see that this forum is really an amazing place to get an idea of where you stand. I was in the hospital 2 nights and left walking with a cane. I can tell you that I felt good week one and was walking a lot...than one day my leg gave out and I had the scare of my life. I was fine, but my body reminded me that it was healing and even though it was only walking I was overdoing it. That being said, I know you have children (I don't), but don't overdue it. Whenever you are sitting, ice yourself and elevate your legs as much as possible...it truly helps. You will find that you will bounce back quickly, it just takes time to figure out how to walk with your cane (or crutches) and to slow yourself down to a pace you aren't used to. If you can, give into the naps...your body needs them. Best of luck!!!
 
Jellybean! Nice to see you back on line! How's things?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom