Toothfairy
Insider
Hi Dewey,
I hope we can be January buddies too.
No words of wisdom on the heart front. I had a murmur picked up at my preop assessment but have now been told its nothing to worry about.
I am sure you will discuss your cardiac history with the anaesthetist and they can reassure you and also tell you how they will mange the situation in the unlikely event that it happens around your surgery time.
Given that many knee replacements are done in older people I am sure they are used to working round cardiac problems.
Hope you are feeling better and are not too washed out after your episode of AF.
Toothfairy

I hope we can be January buddies too.
No words of wisdom on the heart front. I had a murmur picked up at my preop assessment but have now been told its nothing to worry about.
I am sure you will discuss your cardiac history with the anaesthetist and they can reassure you and also tell you how they will mange the situation in the unlikely event that it happens around your surgery time.
Given that many knee replacements are done in older people I am sure they are used to working round cardiac problems.
Hope you are feeling better and are not too washed out after your episode of AF.
Toothfairy

United Kingdom
![[Bonesmart.org] New here....TKR soon! Help, please... [Bonesmart.org] New here....TKR soon! Help, please...](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/5/5477-9a8bc4748b9d2c2a4034ee8a878220d9.jpg?hash=movEdIudLC)
![[Bonesmart.org] New here....TKR soon! Help, please... [Bonesmart.org] New here....TKR soon! Help, please...](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/5/5478-eedcbd35c7743b58da697b03442c7155.jpg?hash=7ty9Ncd0O1)

However 4 months will give you much better time for your left knee to get better before you go back to teaching.